VGA Extension Cable question

Ouikikazz

Gawd
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
i dont think it would...power extentions dont leak power :D
also y do people buy from ebay?? :p

i dont think it would...power extentions dont leak power

Well sure they do.
But of course not enough to really matter.

I have a feeling the answer is "Yes" and there are some videophiles that would be reluctant to do so themselves. However I also think the amount of actual difference will be fairly insignifcant, especially for a TV quality picture.

Also, you may not want to do this, but if you utilized the TV out port (that you may or may not have) you could adapt the signal to composite and run simple RCA cables instead. I'm only suggest it as a cheaper possibly quicker solution, although the ebay cord you mentioned isn't very expensive to begin with.

Good luck.

RawsonDR said:
Well sure they do.
But of course not enough to really matter.

I have a feeling the answer is "Yes" and there are some videophiles that would be reluctant to do so themselves. However I also think the amount of actual difference will be fairly insignifcant, especially for a TV quality picture.

Also, you may not want to do this, but if you utilized the TV out port (that you may or may not have) you could adapt the signal to composite and run simple RCA cables instead. I'm only suggest it as a cheaper possibly quicker solution, although the ebay cord you mentioned isn't very expensive to begin with.

Good luck.

was looking to use a monitor as the TV :p i dont have a TV and rather not spend the extra money on one

was looking to use a monitor as the TV :p i dont have a TV and rather not spend the extra money on one

Duh, you're absolutely right. I had the picture wrong in my head.

So disregard that last piece of advice.

Ouikikazz said:
I was looking at getting a 100ft VGA Extension cable...was wondering if there are any quality loss in such a long extension cable? I need it so i can move my monitor across the room to watch TV near my bed...instead of investing in a TV since i have so many monitors lol

i was looking at getting this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3668&item=6731224625&rd=1

You can and prolly will get some loss of quality. How much is hard to say, but getting a nice well shileded cable will help.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back