VGA Detection on ASUS X370 Boards

index1489

Limp Gawd
I had a x370 Strix with a 1700x and 16GB of TridentZ RGB, Sapphire RX 580+ Nitro, latest BIOS, XG2402 Monitor via DisplayPort and a EVGA G3 650 PSU.

During cold starts no issues.

During restarts I get the VGA detection failure (white LED 1 long 3 short beeps), I swapped graphics cards to a 760 same monitor/displayport cable, and had the same issue.

Eventually it does boot itself and once inside Windows there are no issues, I can game for 10 hours straight.

Today I went out and picked up a x370 Crosshair VI Hero, swapped everything over SAME EXACT PROBLEM with latest BIOS.

I ordered a new certified displayport cable (I'm using the monitor supplied), and I'm hoping it solves the issue.

Does ANYONE else have this issue with the ASUS X370 boards?

I had a x370 Strix with a 1700x and 16GB of TridentZ RGB, Sapphire RX 580+ Nitro, latest BIOS, XG2402 Monitor via DisplayPort and a EVGA G3 650 PSU.

During cold starts no issues.

During restarts I get the VGA detection failure (white LED 1 long 3 short beeps), I swapped graphics cards to a 760 same monitor/displayport cable, and had the same issue.

Eventually it does boot itself and once inside Windows there are no issues, I can game for 10 hours straight.

Today I went out and picked up a x370 Crosshair VI Hero, swapped everything over SAME EXACT PROBLEM with latest BIOS.

I ordered a new certified displayport cable (I'm using the monitor supplied), and I'm hoping it solves the issue.

Does ANYONE else have this issue with the ASUS X370 boards?
try another psu if can. maybe the gpu isn't powering correctly during the reboot.

That is a good point, these cables have capacitors in them, I'll try another set for the GPU.

No but so far the Club3D certified DisplayPort cable I brought on amazon seems to be working, I’ve restarted a dozen times without issue.

It’s strange because the cable that came with my Viewsonic monitor is obviously inferior quality but it has the DisplayPort logo so it should have been certified.

Back