VGA Cooling?

skinegibbs

Limp Gawd
I've got an x800 pro and realllly realllly wanna overclock this baby. I've seen people hit awesome speeds , but my card just wont hit it. Anyone have any nice VGA cooling?

vga silencer. i've seen people get them on, but i dont know if rev3 fits the x800 without modding though

Yes, it will fit without modding. At least, it should. There would be no reason why it wouldn't, since the mounting holes are the same.

if the x800 has a heatsink on the back of the card or it has a 3 pin fan connector than it will take some modding

Well im taking a trip to fry's today , what should i pick up for around 45$? VGA would be nice , but i need case cooling too , any reccomendations?

skinegibbs said:
Ok , lookin at the SIlent VGA Cooler , will it work on my x800 for sure?
yes it will fit, the only problem is the VGA silencer comes with a 2pin plug, and your card accepts only 3pins:

1. get a needle and lift the flaps on the VGA fan plug and remove the two wires from the plug
2. repeat the same for the factory fan plug, BUT remember where the black and red wires are
3. plug in the VGA wires into the 3pin plug, leaving the slot where the yellowORwhite wire was empty

heres my results before and after LINK

I've got some thin-finned heatsinks on the way and I hope I can bend the fins down to make them fit under the VGA silencer heatsink.

Back