Vga Cooling with Heatpipe

fliptastic

n00b
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
56
Instead of buying that sapphire ultimate 9800xt, why not just stick a thermaltake "giant II" heat pipe and make a frame to fit an 80mm for the card on the side. Someone said it' bent their card, will i need some kind of support or beam to hold it up!??! If so then i should just stick to a water block yea?
-_-




My brand new spankin' baby
Amd64 +3200 (watr block coold)oc'd 2.0-2.2 [program related]Asus K8t800
asus 9800xt
1gb corsair xms w/ 18led's blingblang pc3200
koolance pc2 bk case
1x36.5g westgate hd 10,000rpm
1x120g maxtor hd 7,200rpm
 
the heatsink thats on it is the Zalman ZM80C-HP and it has that optional quiet fan. So you could just get that exact one as it seems people like it better than the Giant. Should be simple to make support, I read som1 on here put two slot covers back to back to make a " T " and it was perfect for the support. I will try something similar when mine comes in to make sure I keep the stress at a minimum.
 
Back
Top