• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

VG278H

Baxter299

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 21, 2006
Messages
164
I m considering these monitors VG278H(This model 549 at amazon 679 at newegg went up120 bucks since yesterday at newegg?)or ASUS VG Series VG278HE .My question is how bad s web surfing what does text look like ,blockie jaggy? Im determined to get a 27 inch panel any recommendations? Thanks
 
Last edited:
Text looks fine to me, surfing fine too. The monitor is a little on the bright side, but nothing annoying. The 120hz is awesome smooth if your vid cards can push atleast 100fps in games.

I'm not a huge 3D dude, it's ok. Just haven't been WOW!!! on it like others have. After getting used to 120hz, it's hard to even play in 3D (60hz) as I notice the flickering again.

I came from a 30" IPS screen, ZR30W....best res and picture there is, but I sold that for the goal of three of these VG278H's for tri-screen gaming. It's awesome. I don't miss IPS and don't miss the res reduction. Tri-screen is just too cool at 120hz

Everything is a comprimise, there is no perfect monitor.
I did put the Brightness down to 40%, Contrast to 50%, and Vibrance to 60% to make it look better, closer to my IPS picture, but it's a great monitor.
 
Back
Top