• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

VG236HE

AlexW

n00b
Joined
Sep 21, 2012
Messages
36
I'm thinking about purchasing this display. Its good choice? VG236HE has any common problems? What about PWM? I could take VG278HE, but I don't like 27 / 1080p. VG236HE will be faster or slower XL2420T? (I had it in the past).
 
From what I've read the VG236HE is the same speed as the XL2420T. What made you get rid of your BenQ?
 
I could get a very cheap VG236HE but I havent found any information if this monitor uses PWM. Can anyone help me out?
 
I had this monitor for a couple of years and I always hated the glossy frame but as a monitor it was a very decent TN panel. Certainly the best 120Hz monitor in terms of all round image quality. I tried a BenQ XL2410T before it and it looked liked a bag of dog shit. The colours were pretty catastrophic. Anyway the VG236H uses CCFL lighting and I don't think there is any PWM and I never had any trouble using it.
 
Back
Top