VF900 vs VF700 vs Accelero X2 vs stock at Sudhian Media

I would have to give up an arm or leg for that... or use gas funds and walk to work. That price tag isn't for everyone... :(

noobtech said:
I would have to give up an arm or leg for that... or use gas funds and walk to work. That price tag isn't for everyone... :(

Yep, ~$55 shipped for a gpu cooler is just too high, which is why I got the 700 model. :)

It'lll be nice when TheEgg gets some in. Ill try one out.

What I'd prefer is a heatpipe cooler that had the fan/fins wrap around the top of the card to the back, either standing straight up, or bending all the way over to be level with the back. With a nice 92mm or 120mm fan mount on it.

Two models, one for the top card of SLI and one for the bottom card.... longer pipes so it reaches up to be level with the upper card. Then one fan blowing across both fin sections. Maybe venting through the side door.

Just a thought.

I do not think the review is accurate. I remember when I had my VF-700 is cooled way worse than the stock did. I want to know where he is getting his readings from.

At least the V1-Ultra is oriented correctly, I'd like to see it with the fins bent up 90 degrees so it is parallel to the case side panel, and a fan/duct could vent the hot air out. A second model, equally bent but longer pipes could place the fins directly next to the short model, so SLI double coolers would line up to be vented at the same time.

Someone actually BENT a V1-Ultra that way, and it looked excellent.... but that's not an easy thing to do, bending 3 heatpipes the hard way after the fact.

Also, the hugeness of the core end of the sink is unneeded. A smaller footprint, letting the pipes/fins do the work would be best. It would make installation easier too.

So far the V1-Ultra isn't rated for use on X1900 or 7900 boards.

There is an angle they missed and it would probably show a different winner.

They should have tried to see what the highest overclock they could get artifact free, and measure the noise. I reckon the stock cooler would lose on the sound, but win on the best overclock %.

The VF900 might have won, but that's deffently not enough of a performance boost to warrent spending $50 to replace a VF700.

I also agree this is suspect. That VF700 - the figures are way lower than most people around here reported. I know mine is getting well over 70c @ load and that's with the high fan speed setting.

What is his case flow? A frickin wind tunnel?

I thought the Accelero temps seemed kinda high. I just breezed over article and didn't look to closely at article for bias on the reviewers part.

My VF700 dosent even run above 45C under full load and my shuttle has NO airflow...so to speak. Different cases cool different. They should have done the tests w/o a computer case and in a room thats not being Air Conditioned.

BronxBartoni said:
Is it just me or does that AC unit look like a complete piece?

why would it be different from any other cheap ass, core breaking piece of crap that ac sells?

xX_Jack_Carver_Xx said:
At least the V1-Ultra is oriented correctly, I'd like to see it with the fins bent up 90 degrees so it is parallel to the case side panel, and a fan/duct could vent the hot air out. A second model, equally bent but longer pipes could place the fins directly next to the short model, so SLI double coolers would line up to be vented at the same time.

Someone actually BENT a V1-Ultra that way, and it looked excellent.... but that's not an easy thing to do, bending 3 heatpipes the hard way after the fact.

Also, the hugeness of the core end of the sink is unneeded. A smaller footprint, letting the pipes/fins do the work would be best. It would make installation easier too.

So far the V1-Ultra isn't rated for use on X1900 or 7900 boards.

Well, they use the same mounting holes, only problem is memory where people have to improvise.

Just in case no one saw the other thread I posted it in, here's my results for stock vs accelero.

Here's the airflow. There's also 2 120's in the front.

And here's the results.
accelero.jpg

Reviewers seem to be finding the VF900 to be a touch better, but it's close. And keep in mind not all of these reviewers may have turned up the accelero to 100%. At that speed, it's silent...so there's no need to run any cooler. Also, it's tested in a case. And pretty much repeatable for all of you.

I'm a Zalman fan since I slapped a VF-700Cu on my very hot x800xtpe. The VF-900Cu looks to be even sweeter. I'll slap one on my next card fo shore!!

The VF900 is just too much. For me, it comes down to the VF700 or the Accelero X2. The VF700 seems to be a little hotter in silent mode, but the Accelero X2 has reputation problems+the stupid super sticky thermal pads, which I don't like.

Decisions....decisions!

I say we all tell Zalman sorry that we're not buying it for that price which is crazy! Then they will sell it to us cheaper :)

That price is dipping in the water cooling prices.

Back