VF700cu on a BFG Tech 6600gt

I am happy to say that my idle temps went from ~50 to 38C. This thing was totally worth the money. And, the airflow in my case is great now. My CPU temperature went down a couple degrees and so did my NB chipset temperature. I'm soooo happy I got this thing.

I was going to show you guys pictures of the process, but all I got was one picture of the video card without the heatsink on, and then my camera ran out of battery... :(

Everyone should buy themselves one of these for their cards. Fudge the warranty!

This or the VF900, I have a VF700cu on my X800GTO2, and it allowed me to go beyond XTPE speeds.

I just did the same thing. 6600GT with a VF700-ALCU. I originally had ordered a silencer for it from SVC, but I ended up making an idiotic mistake and getting the wrong revision. So I couldn't use it. I ended up driving to microcenter and grabbing one for $30. My overclock soared, to say the least. And the temperatures aren't a problem at all.

On top of everything else, it's so quiet... my entire main system is whisper quiet now!

Too bad your camera died :/ I like seeing nice shiny cores. I tried to do the same but got lazy and didn't put them up.

ep1taph said:
I just did the same thing. 6600GT with a VF700-ALCU. I originally had ordered a silencer for it from SVC, but I ended up making an idiotic mistake and getting the wrong revision. So I couldn't use it. I ended up driving to microcenter and grabbing one for $30. My overclock soared, to say the least. And the temperatures aren't a problem at all.

On top of everything else, it's so quiet... my entire main system is whisper quiet now!

Too bad your camera died :/ I like seeing nice shiny cores. I tried to do the same but got lazy and didn't put them up.

I'll put it up tomorrow when I can get the picture off the disk...

And temperature now (with the side open, but it's the same with the side closed)

I was idling at almost 50oC before.

Back