Very YMMV, Possibly Very Hot Plasma Open Box Clearances At Best buy/Sears

Cecil

Supreme [H]ardness
This isn't a typical deal, and will require some bit of web searching and luck. However, best buy and sears seem to be clearing out their floor model plasmas. When on BB's site if you search the stores near you and click on the more info link under the store, you can search their used and clearance inventory.

Doing so I was able to find a hand full of Samsung pn51f5300 51" plasmas under $400 near me. You can also possibly find 60" models too.

The one I got was a hanging display model listed without the stand, papers or remote for $392. I asked them if they could take some more off so I can get a mount, and he took it down to $299. It ended up having the remote as well.

If you aren't up to date on plasma's status, no one makes them anymore and prices for what's left have sky rocketed on most models. Panasonic's can go for OLED money. Its likely the last chance of getting a rock bottom price on a plasma.

Open box deals still come with manufacturer one year warranty from the day of your purchase, and you can also get extended coverages as well (for decent rates since they are cheap now).

I've been using led to game on the last year or so, and the ghosting/trailing has really been bugging me. So back to plasma for essentially no more ghosting.

Nothing that great at my store, although they have a great deal on the Targus T-1211 topload case for 15.6" laptops ($29.99 instead of $59.99 regular price). Amazon has these for over $50 still. Thinking of picking one up for my laptop.

There's a Samsung PN51F4500BFXZA for $269 near me. Condition is "fair" with scratches on bezel and no stand or remote. Depending on what those run me not sure if I'll bite.

You should be able to grab a wall mount around $40, and the remote for $10+15 I imagine.

Check monoprice for good, cheap mounts. Should be around $25 to your door for 40-65" mounts.

Not sure if I would buy a floor model Plasma, no matter the price...

Agreed why buy a TV with a limited lifespan that's been on 12 hours a day for a year or more?

I love plasmas, but i just bought a vizio P series 4k B1 for $699. The picture quality, power consumption, bezel, smart apps of the vizio are really sweet. Unless it was a flagship plasma with no burn in, i dont think id pay over $250 for it.

Not sure if I would buy a floor model Plasma, no matter the price...

Agreed why buy a TV with a limited lifespan that's been on 12 hours a day for a year or more?

You can check it in store for burn in or issues before buying, and then have 14-30 days to return no questions asked. Plus same as new warranty.

So they had the plasma 51", he bumped it down to 225. It had a line of dead pixels on the left side. I got geeksquad for minimum amount of 2 years. Going to call them in 2 weeks and they will replace with one of equal maybe greater caliber. Should get a $500-600 TV.

Although I do want to look more into the samsun Samsung warranty and see if they will come replace the screen.

Got samsung to come out, he's installing a whole new screen/board at the moment. Walked away with a 51" plasma essentially brand new for $225 and will return the geeksquad.

I can vouch for the fact that my Best Buy has a corner in the basement where they keep all their used and open-box stuff and there is still a lot of great deals mixed in with a bunch of total crap.

Thanks OP.

Wasn't a plasma but picked up an open box Samsung 40'' 1080P 120HZ UN40F6300 for $96 +tax! :eek: Screens in perfect condition.

Nothing around me, but some of their stuff is funny to look at. A lot of their prices are more for open box than at amazon new and sealed.

Edit, I take that back. One store has the same model that the OP got, but they want $452 for it. Not that that is a bad price, but it's not too good to pass up price for me.

"limited"? No. The half-life of plasma cells will out live the usage for most people. It's a non-issue. Burn-in could be a concern. But I would bet it's not a problem, as most TVs in stores are not displaying a static image.

On open box items you can always ask for additional discounts. Ask a manager though cause normal employees can't do shit. I got myself a 50" Panasonic for $350 before tax and Warranty two summers ago. It was marked to $499 and they did another $150 off because it was missing the stand and it had been returned after 6 months of use. Has been working perfectly since and my Warranty is good till 2018.

On a side note most open box items are customer returns not floor items.

Back