• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Very wierd problem with i7 920

killerc4

n00b
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
63
I got my system about a week ago but I was still waiting on a case. So I built it without the case to test out the parts and see how the chip would overclock. It would hit 3.8ghz on stock settings no problem. I was happy and unplugged everything waiting for the case to arrive.

Once it got here I assembled everything and it would not clock past 3.4ghz no matter the voltages or settings. Anyway long story short, I found a thread about some guy who unplugged his harddrive and all the problems went away. So I unplugged my storage drive and now it clocks to 3.8 no problem again.

Plugging the harddrive back in creates the same result of it not going past 3.4. I tried another harddrive (same brand/size) and the problem happens again so I know its not the drive. What in the world is going on?!

heres my system

ULTRA X3 800Watt PSU
i7 920 DO
EVGA x58 SLI LE
12gb corsair dominator 1600mhz
9800gx2
velociraptor 300gb
hitatchi 1tb HDT721010SLA360 (the drive causing the problem)

thanks in advance
 
Last edited:
knew i forgot something, its a EVGA x58 sli LE, and the only option in the bios i saw for pci speed was pcie clock and it has been at the default 100 value
 
I just unplugged the SATA cable from sata slot 2 and moved it to 5 and everything works ok again with all drives running. So i guess I just wont use that SATA port :confused:
 
Back
Top