• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Very weird sound issue

Stoly

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Messages
6,706
For about a couple of weeks or so I started having sound issues with a Tecra M3 with soundmax audio.

Every now and there was no sound. Say I was playing some music or a game and sound would go off. Device manager reported no problems nor entries in the event viewer.

If I disable and enable the sound in the device manager it starts sounding again.

But just now I was able to get sound working by messing with the sound control panel, I started picking different inputs and muting sound sources like cd, mic etc and it started working again but everything plays at a higher pitch, like a half octave higher, not chipmunk voices but close. Theres also a slight echo.

Everything is set at default now but it still sound the same.
 
Back
Top