I woke up this afternoon after went down to do some laundry and noticed that one of my T260s was laying face down on the table. I got my desktop out of sleep mode and lo and behold, half of the screen is black and different shades of blue, in outlines of a spiderweb crack. Not sure how the monitor fell or what sharp edged object if fell on. These cracked pictures appear to be from some inner layer of the monitor screen, as the outmost visible part remains intact.
My guess is that the monitor is now "totalled" (to speak in car insurance terms). Or is there a way to fix this? I bought it used off craigslist, so there's no talk of warranty. I can't afford to buy another one right now, or even for a while (damn child support).
I've been playing Dirt 3 and other games on NVidia Surround, and I don't think I can go back to single monitor. I've been so upset about this I think I've been snapping at my kids unnecessarily.
My guess is that the monitor is now "totalled" (to speak in car insurance terms). Or is there a way to fix this? I bought it used off craigslist, so there's no talk of warranty. I can't afford to buy another one right now, or even for a while (damn child support).
I've been playing Dirt 3 and other games on NVidia Surround, and I don't think I can go back to single monitor. I've been so upset about this I think I've been snapping at my kids unnecessarily.