For a couple days a few weeks ago, my system would give me artifacts as soon as I booted up (and a few at the Windows logo). I changed power connector to my video card, disabled AA/AF and the problem went away. However, in the last couple weeks whenever I try to play any game requiring DX9 (I base this on the fact that there were no artifacts either outside of a program or in Worms Armageddon) I would get serious vertical and horizontal line variety artifacts.
I reinstalled my video drivers and dx9.0c with no success. I decided to power down and reseat the card and try yet another power connector. I hooked everything back up, and it wouldn't boot.
No response whatsoever, I also tried manually shorting the power on switch to bypass the front button, again no response. The boards green LED does light on, indicating it's receiving power. I unplugged everything from the PSU except the CPU fan and the board. No luck. I played around with the PSU's main motherboard connector, and discovered that if I didn't plug the connector in all the way the PSU would turn on and off again every 2 seconds or so. If I plugged it in all the way, it would power down completely again.
I hooked up a volt meter to one of the PSU's 12v connectors, and noticed the voltage jump from 2-8V while I held the connector partly in the motherboard's socket, and then drop to 0 when I plugged it in all the way. I hope that makes some sort of sense.
I have ruled the power supply (antec 350w) out as I bought an Antec 430w and experienced the same problem. It seems to me like it is acting like a circuit breaker is being triggered because of a short somewhere, but my knowledge of electrical circuits is very rudimentary.
Has anyone experienced a problem like this? Any idea what is likely to be the problem?
for reference:
A7N8X-D
2xWD 80GB HD's
2x512MB corsair pc3200
AMD 2700+
Antec 350 watt PSU
I reinstalled my video drivers and dx9.0c with no success. I decided to power down and reseat the card and try yet another power connector. I hooked everything back up, and it wouldn't boot.
No response whatsoever, I also tried manually shorting the power on switch to bypass the front button, again no response. The boards green LED does light on, indicating it's receiving power. I unplugged everything from the PSU except the CPU fan and the board. No luck. I played around with the PSU's main motherboard connector, and discovered that if I didn't plug the connector in all the way the PSU would turn on and off again every 2 seconds or so. If I plugged it in all the way, it would power down completely again.
I hooked up a volt meter to one of the PSU's 12v connectors, and noticed the voltage jump from 2-8V while I held the connector partly in the motherboard's socket, and then drop to 0 when I plugged it in all the way. I hope that makes some sort of sense.
I have ruled the power supply (antec 350w) out as I bought an Antec 430w and experienced the same problem. It seems to me like it is acting like a circuit breaker is being triggered because of a short somewhere, but my knowledge of electrical circuits is very rudimentary.
Has anyone experienced a problem like this? Any idea what is likely to be the problem?
for reference:
A7N8X-D
2xWD 80GB HD's
2x512MB corsair pc3200
AMD 2700+
Antec 350 watt PSU