• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Very strange problem

Mike2007x86

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
127
I went out and bought a brand new logitech clear chat premium headset since I got sick of using earbuds ever since my sennheiser's gave out.

Now here is the weird problem:
I am using windows 7 64-bit home premium with XFI Extreme Audio
=============================================================
At random intervals my left audio goes completely out.
Then it randomly comes back on and goes out randomly again.

My earbuds used to do this
My sennheiser used to also do this. I trashed my sennheiser's (1-2 months ago and relied on ear buds), because I thought they were messed up $200.00 PC-161's. Now I learned this also happens on my brand new headset.

I'm gonna take these back to staples tommarrow, but I doubt its the headset. Its a very odd problem to say the least.

Why did I get XFI Audio once again????
CMSS3D - XFI Crystalizer - EAX
The absolute most true reason overall is that I got sick of the very low volume built into a 680i onboard sound

with XFI I put it on Audio creation mode and it boosts the volume over max 80%

Onto the problem at hand...
Has anyone found a way to fix this? I mean the audio and headset is brand new
My sennheiser's did this on the onboard audio too, but less than now.

If I use Optical out to my yamaha 6130 there is zero audio fade.
via 680i onboard or via xfi extreme audio digital.

I already installed the latest driver thru creative and I even tried the latest windows update driver.
=============================================================================================
I don't use 2.1 or 5.1 at all unless I am streaming videos off amazon or netflix which goes thru my 500w 6130 reciever.
When I am not streaming I use headphones only (no 2.1 or 5.1 hooked up to pc - only 6130 optical to 46" vizio 1080p hdtv)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top