Very strange boot problem with SSDs

Sycraft

Supreme [H]ardness
So here's an odd one I want to see if anyone else has encountered and thus might have a suggestion for:

I have two 256GB SSDs in RAID-0, not so much for performance but for capacity (I like keeping everything on one drive). They are RAIDed using the onboard Intel controller. Usually, I turn on my system, it boots fine. However sometimes it starts booting, like just gets to the Windows logo, and then it restarts, and comes up with the "Windows had a problem booting should I run the recovery utility" selector. Running the recovery program does nothing, Windows says it can't fix the problem.

Well that would probably be because it doesn't need to. If I reboot after that, or just don't run the recovery tool and tell it to boot anyhow, it'll boot fine. I've scanned the disks and can't find anything wrong, can't find any data loss, or anything like that. They don't seem to have any problem. Yet, there it is. Keeps happening periodically.

The reason I suspect it might be RAID related is I have another of the same SSDs in my laptop, and it doesn't have troubles.

So anyone seen this? any idea what it might be or what to do about it?

Thanks.

It's hanging off the Intel controller integrated in to the ICH10R chip.

The board is an MSI P67A-GD65 (B3).

Probably a variant of this:
Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO SATA RAID Controller

Do you have IRST installed? Can you see both drives listed?

And is your Windows 7 updated with SP1?

That used to happen to me once in awhile while running 2x 80GB Intel G2 drives in RAID0. Never did figure it out and it happened so infrequently I didn't spend much time trying to fix it.

Yes it is updated with SP1. It has been since the day SP1 was released.

Yes RST is installed, version 10.8.0, both drives appear as normal.

Back