• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Very specific question (sorry) about XFi setup.

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 8, 2003
Messages
4,628
I am in need of a new sound card as my audigy 2ZS is going "SOUTH". I using a DFI SLI-DR, SLi 7800GT's, and when I install the audigy2 card it shares IRQ's 18, and 19 with my SLi setup, and during games all I get it choppy sound with skipping frames everytime. I'm hoping someone here with an SLI setup using an XF-i soundcard, can tell me what IRQ's the card is using. Oh ya, hopfully your also using an SLI-DR board. Thanks everyone, and merry xmas
 
The PCI controller determines what IRQ is used, and specific PCI slots share IRQs with other slots. Try moving the card to another open slot. If you don't have an open slot, swap with another card and see if that card shares better with the SLI.
 
Chastity said:
The PCI controller determines what IRQ is used, and specific PCI slots share IRQs with other slots. Try moving the card to another open slot. If you don't have an open slot, swap with another card and see if that card shares better with the SLI.
thanks for the info, but i've already done this. I took out 1 of my 7800's, and am surprisingly impressed with the performance with just 1 card. I dont think I'll do SLi again..... I feal scamed :mad:
 
Also, when doing SLI you can cause a bottleneck on the bus due to info traffic. Try lowering the bus latency for the SLI cards.
 
Chastity said:
Also, when doing SLI you can cause a bottleneck on the bus due to info traffic. Try lowering the bus latency for the SLI cards.
how is this done?
 
Back
Top