• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Very Simple PSU/mobo compatablity question

Okay, thanks. I haven't done any hardware stuff in a while and it all sounded too damn easy.

I'm leaning towards the FSP because it's cheap and sounds okay quality-wise (based on this thread).

It will be powering this:

Intel 850
P4 1.7 Ghz
512MB DDR RAM
40GB IDE HDD for O/S
2X300GB SATA 7200 RPM HDD for data
PVR-150 capture card
basic VGA card or maybe GeForce MX 400 video card
generic audio card
2x120mm case fans, probably under-volted

Only use is a DVR and file server... I understand that another $20-$30 would get me something with more room for growth, but will the 400W be sufficient?
 
No, the Fortron is better. Fortron = FSP. Great suplies.
 
Get the FSP (Fortron/Source Power) - They are just good quality PSUs.
 
I'll second the Fortron love. I've swapped in a few blue storms in my systems and really like them. Quite for the money.
 
Oops, yeah sorry, I meant RDRAM. I know it's not ideal, but it's cheap, I have it, and it serves its purpose. If I ever decide to expand sometime in the future I'll be building from the ground up.
 
rambus is EXPENSIVE. Like, $100+ for a 256. Not cheap at all.
 
Back
Top