• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Very Random Hard Crash 4850

Kelv

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 10, 2008
Messages
385
I've overclocked my 4850's to 660/1050 and I have had them lock up before and artifact however, there have been two instances when I had the cards on normal speeds and everything and when I started a game, there was a hard crash with artifacts and then no signal. This occurred I believe when I started wc3 tft and definitively when I was loading a Battlefield Heroes.

There was also a random time that they crashed when I was playing crysis however that has only happened once. I probably should clean the computer and that could be the reason but it is odd because I don't see how it could be a temperature issue when it only happened as soon as the game was starting. No way that there was chance for the card to pass it's limit within a second or two.

My question is, should I treat this as really insignificant or could it be important to look into it. Also, do you think it is a hardware problem or software/driver. Battlefield heroes makes sense since it's a beta and I have seen that there has been some no signal problems with that.

Also: just to describe the type of artifacts i'm getting. It's full screen gray but of course looks f'd up. Best way to describe it is a parquet pattern.
 
Doubt it's heat going by your explanation of when it's happening, sounds more like a driver fault.
I would wait at least until next driver set (catalyst 8.8) is out as it is said to have a number of fixes for crossfire.
 
Back
Top