Very low temps...wondering

AcusticThoughts

Limp Gawd
I recently got a new computer.

P4 533 2.26
ASUS P4T533-C

its in a Coolermaster

http://www.coolermaster.com/index.p...PAC-T01-EK&other_title=+PAC-T01-EK+Praetorian

Very nice machine...lots of aluminum. Cools very well and has 2 80mm intake with two 80mm out.

Stock cooling.

Clocked at 2.55 (FSB of mobo won't let me go higher than 160)

I'm confused though...during my daily use it hasn't run above 33 celcius (according to MBM). I haven't had a chance to run anything for a while to full load it (anyone got something for me to run to get a temperature reading off full load usage after an hour?).

My question is...can I depend on those temps from MBM? They seem low. The outside temp is very nice right now (mid fifties-mid eighties) so it is keeping the case cooler.

Just wondering...

Those arent low at all. Unless you have like a really OC'd processor witha stock Heatsink and fan on it. With any decent heatsink and the right kind of airflow you can easily get into the low 30's. Hell, teens and low twenties are even possible with good air cooling and the right heatsink + fans

CPU Burn is great program if your using windows95/98/NT/2000 but no XP version? And there's also Hot CPU Tester which is a program designed to heat things up, and finally there's the good-ole Seti @ Home which not only will crash un-stable systems, but helps you find ET so he can "phone home". :D

By the way, 30C isn't a very low temp. That's approaching 100F cow-a-bunga dude. Want to see some Watercooling temps that'll rock your socks! Check these out;

EL4200FSB285Bandwidth6560Temp2C.jpg

There's more at my site www.ksBrainstorms.com

I am just used to my old Athlon processor which ran in the mid 40's even when I had some hardcore cooling on it.

The thing about it that confuses me is that my buddy has a 2.4 800 mz fsb with a thermalright and a nice fan and his runs at a much higher temp (abit ic7 cheaper version board).

His case is the same as mine almost (Coolermaster Wave - silver one) and eh really doesnt have anything all that amazing in his box to heat things up. And his chip is running stock speeds (he wont let me overclock).

Nonetheless...it is nice.

And yes...the outside temp is in the mid-50s to mid 70s right now...and i keep my windows open cus it is so nice. So teh case is VERY cold to the touch. :) Much nice.

nothing to do with the thread at all but hey, who cares.

seen your sig a few times now...

'There are 10 types of people in the world....
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.'

and only just fully got it, shows how with it i normally am when i browse the forums

:D

Originally posted by Liquid3D
By the way, 30C isn't a very low temp. That's approaching 100F cow-a-bunga dude.

You better check your math. 30C = 86F, 37.7C = 100F.

Back