• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Very Low Rpm Help Needed

coolkishan

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 5, 2005
Messages
320
I have just oiled my NB fan on my Abit IC7-MAX3 because it was dieng. I also took off the heatsink and put some AS5 on it. Before oiling and changing thermal paste it used to run at sppeds of 4000-5000rpm now it has dramatically decreased to 2300-3400rpm is this because the AS5 has decreased temperatures by alot and it doesnt need to go as fast or is there something wrong?
 
those chipset fans are notorious for dying. I would just replace it with a passive zalman + AS5
 
Generally corners are cut on chipset fan construction. I've heard good things about the passive Zalmans. I use one of these: Fan, which has served me very well, if you must have an active cooler.
 
Back
Top