Very finicky mainboard - which CPU?

doh

user
My partner has been building a pair of mini-ITX machines to replace a machine in a full tower. One box is serving up storage over fibre channel and the other is intended to run VMWare ESXi using storage from the SAN.

When she was building the processing (ESXi) side she chose an IEI KINO-9454 mainboard. This board is very finicky with the CPUs it will take. (For example see this image to see how it acts with CPUs it doesn't like:

agV3LXctd3IPCxIHUG9zdERCTxjt_QMM

The board advertises support for Core2 Duos, Pentium 4s, and Celerons of various FSB. It turns out that only a certain subset of these processor + FSB combination will work.

She bought a board and thought she damaged it and so bought another one before finding a Celeron that actually works in BOTH boards.

Soo she's got a spare board and I want to buy it. She wants to get a Core2 Duo, obviously, and so here is my question for both of us:

Who knows of a Core2 Duo CPU that actually works with this board? She's got two Core2 Duos that don't work (in either board) and we're hoping to get the right CPU.

And for S&G I'm going to replace a mid-tower box with this mini-itx box, also running ESXi (now that I know which fibre channel HBA works with ESXi from my partner's fail).

Back