Very Big SATA Problem

roninblade

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 22, 2004
Messages
2,031
Okey it seems that the bracket on the back of the hard drive that hold the SATA cable detachted and got stuck in the Sata connector, so i removed it and now the only way the drive will work is if the cable is supported up, i taped it and it seems to be working, however whenever i move it thats when it becomes a problem, so im asking so i try to try and send it in?

EDIT* I guess Western Digital is Smart and created Smart connect SATA cables, could that do the trick?*
 
yea thats what i was thinking of getting, thx to my uncle send me some b-day money i can but that and a couple minuites on my phone :), wish me luck that it works
 
now it seems like one the pins is broken, do u believe Hitachi will cover this?
 
when I got my first SATA drive that same thing happened. Pulled the cable off and the connector came with it. I called WD and they sent me a new drive.
 
Back
Top