Very Bad Service Pack 2 Problem

ChaseJ86

Limp Gawd
I installed SP2 today and it installed fine. then when i click finished it restarts like it should. then after it shows my CMOS and CPU temp i get this blue screen like its ready to format. then it goes away. then i get these white bars at the bottom of the screen and then they fill up to one long thick white line. then it goes to the boot screen then seems to load up fine. then i will get a black screen for about 15-20 seconds. then it will go to the welcome screen and sit there for about 20 seconds and then it will restart and do the same exact thing except i dont get the blue screen.

What is going on here?
How can I fix it without formatting? (I have a lot of important school files i cant loose)

Im not sure if there is a thread already on this. i looked but couldnt find one. if there is please excuse me.

My friend has pro corporate (his dad is tops at a corporation) and his does that too. If you have a corpo edition, here's your sign.

Delete this and go repost it in the Operating Systems forum. The people that can help you with this hang out there.

so_cal_forever said:
My friend has pro corporate (his dad is tops at a corporation) and his does that too. If you have a corpo edition, here's your sign.

It has nothing to do with it being the Volume License ("Corp") version.

t. shuffle said:
It has nothing to do with it being the Volume License ("Corp") version.

I was merely noting that because I've only seen happen with corpo versions. Arent corpo versions modified anyways so that they can be installed multiple times without keys?

so_cal_forever said:
I was merely noting that because I've only seen happen with corpo versions. Arent corpo versions modified anyways so that they can be installed multiple times without keys?

I've installed SP2 on *volume licensed* copies with no problems to date on any of my client networks. You can't base your limited experience as a reason or fact.

The only modification of the media is that it can be installed without the need to *activate* it, volume licensed media still require a keycode.

Back