very anoying problem

Dreamscience

Limp Gawd
ok guys ive got a major promlem somewhere on my pc, all my games and programs lock up or crash after a while or just crash as soon as i click the shortcut.

vista home premium 32 bit
serive pack 1
amd 64 cpu
4 gig corsair ram
nvidia 9800gtx card
lanparty dx board

for example i just downloaded BATMAN dark asylum, installed it and when i click on the icn it just crashes and says it stoped working...

and ive opened my system info to find out my cpu and its all blank, for example:
cpu: uknown
memory: unknown

and then it says this copy of windows is unregistered, its a genuine copy and i have registered it.

something is seriously wrong please help guys

thanks a lot guys :mad:

image resized:

Last edited:
You see that dialog that says "Use the link below to find out how to fix Windows"? Try clicking it.

Try re-activating it, and seeing if that is the issue. You may be past your 30 days. If that doesn't work, maybe a reload of the OS would be in order. You could take that opportunity to install Vista x64, considering you are currently wasting a good portion of your memory.

After some further thought, I'd just recommend the reload. It seems like something got hosed, and it tripped your activation.

If the system got borked enough to not even recognize your processor, it could certainly be possible.

fari enough so a clean install is what she needs then, i was advized to buy 32 bit from ccl online, what do you mean when im wasting ram? i need some advice now if i reformat, i need a good antivirus and other maintenance programs or tips with vista. im new to vista you see.

I don't know anyone would advise buying the x86 version of an OS, unless you had some very rare incompatibility. You have 4 GB of memory, but without running Vista x64, you would be lucky to be using 3.2 GB of it. Having 4 GB of system memory pretty much means you should be running the 64-bit equivalent...no questions asked.

As for anti-virus, check out Microsft Security Essentials. Several threads on here link to legit downloads if it. It's free, and tests very high in terms of detections. Avira is another good free one. For maintenance, CCleaner is about all you need. Vista will take care of the rest.

thanks mate, i think im going to return to the store and complain about this as i bought the full system at the same time,

I'll answer the next question awhile too. Your legal license would work just fine and activate, if you were able to get a disc containing Vista x64. They might provide you with one, or if it is a retail license, you could get one from Microsoft for about $10.

ah thats good to know, maybe ill see microsoft it wud save me a lot of trouble. so my pc wud run a lot better with 64 bt then :)

ah thats good to know, maybe ill see microsoft it wud save me a lot of trouble. so my pc wud run a lot better with 64 bt then :)

I really doubt that you'll see much if any difference running 64 bit vs 32 bit in normal desktop computing scenarios.

Yes, and you're spelling would be much improved as well!

Seriously, you'd at least be able to use all of your memory, which for a gaming system, would be a big plus. It definitely wouldn't run slower, how's that for an official answer?

Back