• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Vertical line on screen - defect?

max789

n00b
Joined
Apr 29, 2009
Messages
45
Hi, all

My Dell 2209WA display had a vertical, dark brownish line (against a default Microsoft blue desktop background) on the left side when I just booted my computer, but curiously disappeared after a few minutes.

Could this be a harbinger of a permanent display defect to come? As my warranty is about to expire, I'd need to contact Dell if this is likely.

I'd appreciate your input, especially from any fellow member who had a similar issue in the past.

Thanks!

Max
 
contact Dell fast. From what I've read it is a natural process of some of their monitors and it is progressive. Some temperature-sensitive component is getting out of sync which is a minor problem, but it will get worse and you can't fix it so replace it while you can.
 
Thanks for your timely feedback, allen5055.

I managed to persuade Dell to replace my 2209WA. It's on its way.
 
Back
Top