• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Version 2 5770 Crossfire with Dirt 2 Benchmark

Seraphic

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 5, 2007
Messages
2,258
Cool, I havent got round to installing Dirt 2 yet but xFire performance is very very good when the drivers/CCC arent dicking me about.
I'm using the exact same clocks on the Asus V2 cards, havent pushed harder yet.
Idle is about 39C, load varies from 55C to 71C depending on the game and clock speed used.
I really must get the Dirt 2 hotfix to see if some of the stupid CCC bugs are fixed, I assume its another driver...

Eyefinity on 2 screens is really fluid (tested with NFS:Shift).
Its not really usable on 2 screens but I am amazed how smooth it is as XFire + Eyefinity isnt sposed to work yet
Overall, a very good setup for the techies amongst us.
I cannot recommend x2 5770 for anyone other than experienced PC techs though as the drivers are currently way too buggy.
 
Last edited:
Nenu, did you use a program to increase the voltage to the cards?
I did the 950/1350 overclock in CCC, but see a lot of posts on other forums that say you need to use something like MSI Afterburner to increase voltage to cards in order to get stable overclock.
 
Hi Seraphic
No I havent changed the voltages yet as the temps already start to get up there under heavy load.
Once I've got the system as stable as possible, I'll have a go at improving cold air flow to the cards and over volting/higher clocks.

One of my 5770 cards is almost strangled for airflow by my Auzentech Prelude as the only spare PCI slot is slap bang next to the 2nd gfx card with 2mm clearance!
I've teased the cards as far apart as possible and put a slow 80mm fan blowing air onto the fan and its temps are just a bit lower than the other card now :)

Theres no sense in my pushing the boat out just yet with voltage tweaks as I wont know what is causing the stupid issues that CCC throws up.
...just...need...to...stop...the...effing...crashes...flickering...disabling of xFire... resetting of underscan...resetting of colour tuning...
CCC is so crap, why oh why do they use .Net?

edit:
wassup with this forum, I havent put a space in the word flickering above?
Yet there be a space in the middle of it!!
 
Back
Top