Verizon’s Mail Server Crashed By Piracy Notices

HardOCP News

[H] News
Can someone please explain to me how these guys can get away with this? Seriously, two million invalid notices in a single day? I hope these guys end up squashed like a cockroach.

Verizon is taking a stand against the millions of invalid DMCA notices it receives for allegedly pirating subscribers. At one point the ISP received two million piracy warnings in one day from anti-piracy outfit Rightscorp, which effectively crashed one of Verizon's mail servers.

They should be a ratio to ban if thierr invalda notice peaks above 33% of valid in a monthm THen they should you loose the abailtiy to have any right to sent notices for 6 months. see fif maybe they would start actually sending valid notes instead of this shotgun approuch

I am surprised they don't have a system in place for stuff like this. When my work started to send customers notices about their bills being due we had about 300 or so sign up with Comcast email addresses. Comcast blocked us and all of our IPs from emailing them anymore. We had to contact them and get added to a white list for emailing like that to prevent their system from auto blocking us. Where is the program like that for Verizon.

Tell them to use snail mail ;)

That's actually pretty effective. If they really only h ave a few thousand real takedowns a month, the price of postage is pretty minimal. Making them pay for each fake takedown actually creates an economic incentive for Rightscorp to do their jobs correctly while Verizon spends less money opening and scanning letters than tracking down all the fakes.

They should be a ratio to ban if thierr invalda notice peaks above 33% of valid in a monthm THen they should you loose the abailtiy to have any right to sent notices for 6 months. see fif maybe they would start actually sending valid notes instead of this shotgun approuch

this is not a shotgun approach, it's a nuclear warhead approach

Back