Verizon Wireless accessory promotion

subspeed6

Limp Gawd
I was in a Verizon Wireless store today and say this flyer.. The large jambox seems to be the better deal.

2vdplrs.jpg

I take it this in-store only as the Big Jambox is OOS on their site. Will have to check it out locally. Thanks

I need to go check this out at our Verizon stores. That Big Jambox is a good deal at that price!

Verizon's prices are so damned high that even their "sale" prices are above average.

Correct me if I'm wrong that the Jawbone Big Jambox is mono only and can't be paired for stereo sound like a Logitech UE (Mega)Boom speaker can?

You can find practical clones of those Jambox speakers (and many other brands) at Fry's and other places for significantly less I've discovered. I had a Jambox mini once, got it off someone on craigslist and I had to replace the battery at one point so I did what any good geek does: I tore it down to the constituent parts, got the battery part number and ordered a replacement.

Now, two months later I was at Fry's one day and saw what is pretty much the same exact speaker from another manufacture (can't even remember the name of the company now and I don't own either speaker any longer) for $14.99 so I grabbed it figuring it would be interesting to see how it performed. When I got it home I charged it up, when I started playing music it sounded exactly the same as the Jambox so, I again did what any good geek does: I tore it down and was amazed to find it was basically the exact same hardware inside; even the battery was the same part number.

Paid $25 for the Jambox originally and sold it for $50 a month after this little experiment, then I sold the other "cheap" one to someone for $30 because they thought it was a Jambox even though I had to tell them technically it wasn't (didn't have that branding on it anywhere). So, small profits from each.

I just can't see myself coughing up the kind of cash that Jambox, Bose (yeah, I know), and many others when the "cheap" ones tend to perform exactly the same overall. The branding and marketing on Bluetooth speakers makes even Apple jealous. ;)

It's funny how Radio Shack turned into a cell phone store, and failed.. Visit a Best Buy recently? It's 50% cases and tablet accessories.

Cell phone stores are turning into shitty overpriced accessory stores. I was in a Sprint store upgrading two phones and heard relentless attempts at selling speakers, drones, etc.

GTFO with that and just give me the phone so I can go home and buy cheap cases on Amazon.

FYI, the JBJ speaker is OOS, probably permanently so. I went to my local VW store and the saleswoman said they discontinued it a while ago. That explains the clearance price on VW's website and the price sheet the OP listed here. I'm guessing Jawbone will release an upgrade/replacement model, but most likely closer to the $250-300 price point.

Back