Verizon upgraded my DSL to 3.0Mbps!!! Can't wait for FIOS!!! Anyone have it?

RavinDJ

Supreme [H]ardness
Verizon upgraded my DSL to 3.0Mbps!!! Can't wait for FIOS!!! Anyone have it? How do you like it? Pics, anyone??? Which plan do you have and how much does it cost?

i have fios i have the 15/2 package, paying 49 bux a month, i plan on upgrading to 59 so port 80 isn't blocked and i can do business with it, i upload at about 333 KB/sec max, download i stoo fast :) i always get about 1.6-2.0 MB/sec d/l speed

port 80 is the only one blocked and yes its only one that opens, but also gives u business license to host

How do they block port 80 if that is needed to see pages on the Internet?

inbound port 80 is the default port for a web server. outbound port 80 is what you use to view webpages.

they block inbound port 80 so that you can't run a web server on the default port, as they want to make more money off the people who want to run web servers, as web serving can eat up a lot of bandwidth.

Sorry to be a newb about this but you send out port 80 to view a webpage, and the server changes it to a differ port to send it back? Never saw that option in IIS.

I imagine fiber is no slower than copper, especially since I *think* light travels faster than electricity.

In real world applications I think you won't notice any improvement in latency.

that's my assumption as well, but it is just that....an assumption. i'd just like some confirmation from someone who actually has it already. i know you guys exist, post up! :D

I dont have FIOS and I doubt ll ever see it here.......But my cable company upgraded our service last month to 10000/800 and Im pretty happy about that :)

wow, 10,000, as in 10Mbit? i'm happy with my 4Mbit for the same price that i used to pay for 1Mbit, but damn.....i'd LOVE 10Mbit......

Just got uprgraded to the 3Mbps from verizon and upload is so much better now. Can get up to 100kbps now. :D

xXaNaXx said:
wow, 10,000, as in 10Mbit? i'm happy with my 4Mbit for the same price that i used to pay for 1Mbit, but damn.....i'd LOVE 10Mbit......
Yeah, I was shocked when I got my last bill, and at the bottom they listed the new services available.... I called em right up to get the upgrade... 3 months ago, cable WAS NOT even available here ..
and its cheap as hell too.....I moved here from NJ 8 months ago, and was paying Comcast more money, for less speed..

http://www.brctv.com/prodserv/prolog_express/pex_speed_pricing.php

Back