verizon tech support

so when i awoke this morning, I found my browsing to be rather limited... ie:

UNABLE TO ACCESS THE VERIZON ONLINE NETWORK

We are unable to verify your User ID and password at this time. Please contact Technical Support at 1-800-567-6789 to resolve this issue. Technical Support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Please note that if you are unable to access as a result of a billing issue, Technical Support will transfer your call or direct you to contact the Billing Center during their hours of operation. The Billing Center is open Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. and Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Eastern Time).

so I reset my dsl modem multiple times, reinstalled my linux firewall.... pretty much everything tech support could tell me to do... so after an hour or two of giving up hope of having it start working by itself... i gave up and called tech support... read them the message i was getting and the process began.... after 30 minutes of trying shit they saw I had 3 mac addresses listed in their system and ultimately suggested getting a new NIC... fuck them... so I switched comptuers and send we're trying more... fast forward another 3 hours......

techsupport: what account are you trying to login with?
me: vze42k2b
techsupport: okay, try re-connecting again
me: okay... well I got a public IP this time
techsupport: okay, try opening cnn.com
me: what a fucking site for sore eyes!!!
techsupport: so it worked.!?
me: yah. what was the problem?
techsupport: oh, your account was locked from logging in too many times in a row

it took those bastards @ verizon's tech support almost FOUR hours to notice something that I think should have been nocited when they first checked my account status!!!

theres my rant for the day

still verizon>* im a verizon whore. Verizon home phone, cell phone and dsl. Everyone else sucks giant elephant balls.

lol, yep.
I had the same thing when i moved. Had the tech on the phone for a few hours trying the most basic things with my laptop. At one point she wanted me to re-seat the NIC, to which i replied something about "i'd love to but its embedded in the board"
Then she asked me to use a different PCMCIA NIC, but i told i would need the drivers. And i'd need to be online to get them.

They ended up doing something similar, just a simple checkbox somewhere on their end and all was well again.

Back