• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Verizon Sucks Ballz!!!

Joined
May 10, 2006
Messages
695
I am long time customer of Verizon, home phone, DSL, cell phones, business lines.
A couple of weeks ago I made the mistake of trying out Vonage on my home phone.
I didn't like the quality so I cancelled it and scheduled an appt for Verizon to "reconnect"
my phone service. Not sure why they have to send out a tech to reconnect me since I
certainly didn't need one to disconnect and x-fer service to Vonage. So tech shows up and
reconnects home phone but in the process disconnects my DSL. Now I am not home at this time but have a friend meet the tech, so when I get home after work I check the phone
works fine, I check the Folding Farm everything is off-line!! DSL modem is off-line UGH.
So I then spend 3 hours CSR hell trying to get this DSL problem corrected, but no, these
idiots tell me the 1st time I don't DSL, 2nd I must have 2 seperate bills, nope try again.
I then get x-ferred around maybe 4 times, I then the CSR wants to troubleshoot the DSL "I must be having problems with my computer" what O/S do I have, ummm F@#k!!
I explain it has nothing do with the OS but that the Verizon tech disconnected me.
On hold for another 30 minutes CSR comes back tells me "my service ready date for my
DSL is July 28th" umm WTF!! I already have DSL for years but your brain dead tech
disconnected me!! AT this point I am still waiting for a call back with an Intelligent
answer but not holding my breath. After this I am switching very service I have to some
other provider besides Verizon!
 
Wow that doesn't sound good to me. I currently have Verizon DSL and I am hoping to make the switch to FIOS soon. We will see though. They said it would be "available in a couple weeks" over a month ago.

Next time you talk to customer service, make sure you ask for a credit at the very least for the days you have been offline, and honestly maybe even get a full month out of this for your trouble. Tell them that might be what it takes to get you to renew your contract at the end.

 
Oh, that indeed sucks, especially with the braindead tech. I experienced a similar issue a few years ago with 2 (yes, two) braindead techs who doesn't know how to install cable and connect things that I prepared a few days earlier (so all they do is connecet the proper wires and be done). In the process, they managed to butcher the in-wall wiring and started tacking cable on the bottom of the wall before I catch them. Since then, I always ask for real technicians, not their sub-contractors.

I hope you get this resolved since it truly suck to not have internet for a few days (I know what I'm talking about, as a addict :p).

 
Also request to speak to a manager!!!

Just get to someone that has their head out of their arse!

 
Also request to speak to a manager!!!

Just get to someone that has their head out of their arse!


And doesn't smell shit (a indicator of having the head in the ass before).

 
If you work on it today you might get an install date before the 28th. I lost phone/DSL to some idoit stealing the wire for the copper, off the pole no less. I about went crazy.
The cable co. is not much better I'm sure but if switching will make you fell better, serves VZ right.
 
I love my Verizon FiOS service but their billing/csr departments are a god awful disaster of a nightmare. And I'm being kind in my description of it :).
 
Back
Top