Verizon phone from Ebay.

Hey guys,
So my friend is a verizon customer since around last June. She wants the new LG Chocolate but isnt eligible for an upgrade yet. If I were to buy a Verizon LG Chocolate on ebay how would I put her service on the new phone? I have no experience with Verizon and other CDMA cell services as I have always used gsm. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

AFAIK, she just needs to call Verizon and tell them the LG Chocoloate ESN or whatever it is called.

As a side note:

She can use any Verizon compatible phone anytime she wants, but if she wants one direct from Verizon (free one or at a reduced price) she needs to wait the allotted time period(at least a year).

AFAIK, she just needs to call Verizon and tell them the LG Chocoloate ESN or whatever it is called.

She can do it online as well. If she doesn't have an online account set up I think they provide information to do so on any mailed statement.

Great! Thanks for the help guys. So is she able to buy one at full price direct from verizon w/o waiting a year?

Great! Thanks for the help guys. So is she able to buy one at full price direct from verizon w/o waiting a year?

Correct, she can by the phone outright, aka retail price.

The phones at retail price are pretty expensive though.

I'd rather buy one from Ebay, verizon retail prices for the phones will eat you alive. I wouldn't be surprised if they say the Chocolate is about $450.

Back