Verizon Moto Droid: How can I Save Attachment?

Stinger1

Limp Gawd
I have not been able to save an attachment to use it as a ringtone. Does anyone know how to do it?? Maybe an app for it?

Transferring the file isn't the problem now. I find it very easy to do that in a couple of ways. Now, how can I use that file as a ringtone since when choosing a ringtone, there is no option to use any other ringtone than the ones on the phone. Maybe an app??

Last edited:
Not true... if you can play the file in the music player you can use it as a ringtone. From the "playing" screen of the song you want, you tap the menu button and there's an option to use the song playing as a ringtone.

Try Ringdroid from the market. You SHOULD be able to just set any mp3 as ringtone unless it's using some funky perameters.

If you make a 'Ringtones' folder on the SD card and save ringtones to it, they will show up in the Phone Ringtone list.

If you make a 'Notifications' folder on the SD card and do the same, they will how up as SMS and Email Notifications.

Same thing goes for Alarms. Pretty cool.

No option while playing the sound(mp3) to use it as a ringtone.

Ya, there is, play the mp3, then click on the menu button, in the center it will say, "use as ringtone" hit that and then it will ask you if it's for the entire phone, or just a particular contact. Select which you want and you are done. it's that easy.

A video tutorial:
View My Video

Last edited:
Back