Verizon just released 5.0.0.328 for the Blackberry Storm.

Downloaded it last night at 9:03 CST. It is very nice so far. Faster and more memory at boot. What do you think of it thus far?

Sweet, updating my Storm now. Hmm weird the update failed, gonna try it again ><

Last edited:
I'm really liking this update. I was using the leaked 5.0.0.230 before this release. 328 = 230 with lots of bug fixes.

Anyone using one of the 4.7 releases should get this update. It's a HUGE (HUGE) improvement over 4.7 (any version). This should go a long way towards dismissing all the negative comments about this device.

No bullshi!t, my storm feels like a brand new phone..it's much more responsive..just for the reponsiveness alone it's worth it and didn't have any issues...Corporate email is working fine after reactivating on the BES...and all my apps work great, including Pandora.

There are 2 tasks to perform on your Storm 1.

1. Install o/s 5.0.0.328.

2. Perform the torx screw fix.

You do this & you won't have a single complaint about this product. This I swear.

Because wifi on a cdma provider in a good area is really redundant. My wife work phone is a wimo with wifi, and even when i connect it to our home notwork, its not as fast as my tour browsing off of 3g.

There are 2 tasks to perform on your Storm 1.

1. Install o/s 5.0.0.328.

2. Perform the torx screw fix.

You do this & you won't have a single complaint about this product. This I swear.

torx screw fix?

elaborate?

Gonna jump in that I did this last night, and I suddenly dont want to snap my storm in half. For the past week or 2 all I wanted to do was get a new phone(only had the storm1 for about 3mo now). Now I think I can probably hold off. Its much much much quicker.

My favorite and least favorite thing with the new OS is the SMS/MMS manager. I love how its organized by contact, and not by EVERY item send/received. It makes a few days worth of txt messages only a scrolls long, rather than a half hour at the bottom of the stack.
I dislike it because I prefer texting in landscape rather than portrait, and in landscape you can only see 3 lines of texts clearly.

The camera app probably has the best improvement(for me at least). I actually thought that it wasn't switching between Landscape and portrait because I wasn't used to a seamless and speedy transition between the two. Before when I switched, it seemed like the phone locked up for 1-2 seconds, then switched. Also while browsing through photos, the phone can flick through them like they should.

All in all Im glad to see RiM fix the problems with the Storm 1, even though the storm 2 is out. I would have been pissed if they just left us all hanging.

I dont know if they're is anyway around this, but since I just used my upgrade, is there any way to upgrade to the storm 2 without paying full retail?

Go here a write a letter. You'll get a call from Verizon.

You have 30 days to return/exchange.

I called and emailed a few times asking for an early upgrade, no beans. However I'm not going to attempt to make Verizon look like a fool for me not following the contract that I signed and agreed to. I'll just have to wait 26 more days :(

Back