Verizon iPhone Coming in June?

OK, phone phreaks!

I've tried the iPhone...borrowed one from a friend who let me use it for a month...

I've tried the Blackberry Storm2...purchased and returned after a month...

I've currently got the Droid, and have had it for a week.

The BIG LOSER is the Storm2. While there were certain tech problems (like random reboots and mysteriously switching from normal phone to speaker phone randomly), it was pretty difficult to navigate even after a month. The on-screen keyboard was slow and unresonisive, even with speed and sensitivity set higher. Message length was limited. Call quality was terrbile. Sometimes I would have to take the battery iout to reset. And all this after I took it in once to get it reloaded and checked out.

The runner up: The iPhone...partly because of AT&T service. Hey, I use a phone to make phone calls primarily. However, iPhone, for now, is easily the app leader, and it's easy to use.

but...the DROID ROCKS! Faster than either iPhone or Storm2 (and more stable than the latter), as easy to use as the iPhone...maybe easier...built-in 5 Megapixel camera with flash, 16GB card for free...$100 rebate...GREAT call quality...and apps are increasing quickly, with many free ones (free is important considering Verizon has been notorious for charging for every little thing.) The slide out keyboard is completely unnecessary overkill; the on-screen keyboard is quick, responsive, and easier to use. Even an old duffer like me can quickly crank out the messages which have a much longer length than the BB. And did we mention Verizon coverage and service?

IMHO, the Droid doesn't walk away with top honors; it zips away at light speed with them. Verizon users now have a phone that could completely eliminate iPhone envy. And it's only just out of the gate.

Get a DROID, and you won't be sorry!

Right now I have the family plan on AT&T with two iPhones, I got mine last year simply to store music and a phone all in one so I didn't have a phone and an iPod. Now that everyone is on this bandwagon with music player as standard on a phone I want to drop AT&T so fast to switch back to Verizon to get the Droid.
However the other person on my plan loves their iPhone and won't change phones so if this holds out then AT&T just lost two more! :D

OK, phone phreaks!

I've tried the iPhone...borrowed one from a friend who let me use it for a month...

I've tried the Blackberry Storm2...purchased and returned after a month...

I've currently got the Droid, and have had it for a week.

The BIG LOSER is the Storm2. While there were certain tech problems (like random reboots and mysteriously switching from normal phone to speaker phone randomly), it was pretty difficult to navigate even after a month. The on-screen keyboard was slow and unresonisive, even with speed and sensitivity set higher. Message length was limited. Call quality was terrbile. Sometimes I would have to take the battery iout to reset. And all this after I took it in once to get it reloaded and checked out.

The runner up: The iPhone...partly because of AT&T service. Hey, I use a phone to make phone calls primarily. However, iPhone, for now, is easily the app leader, and it's easy to use.

but...the DROID ROCKS! Faster than either iPhone or Storm2 (and more stable than the latter), as easy to use as the iPhone...maybe easier...built-in 5 Megapixel camera with flash, 16GB card for free...$100 rebate...GREAT call quality...and apps are increasing quickly, with many free ones (free is important considering Verizon has been notorious for charging for every little thing.) The slide out keyboard is completely unnecessary overkill; the on-screen keyboard is quick, responsive, and easier to use. Even an old duffer like me can quickly crank out the messages which have a much longer length than the BB. And did we mention Verizon coverage and service?

IMHO, the Droid doesn't walk away with top honors; it zips away at light speed with them. Verizon users now have a phone that could completely eliminate iPhone envy. And it's only just out of the gate.

Get a DROID, and you won't be sorry!

I can agree with you on all points except the keyboard. I got really used to the Dare's on screen keyboard so maybe I'm just not used to it. But I'm having more luck with the physical keyboard. I find myself hitting too many other keys accidentally trying to use the onscreen. I'm sure if I used it more I'd get used to it. But the physical has many more useful keys right there without having to switch from letters to numbers, etc.

I would really like this to happen. I do like my 3GS, I have it jailbroken so I can run apps in the background with "axle greased ease". It's very snappy with multiple apps open, something the DRIOD isn't very. In fact that's my main complaint about the DROID, it's not super smooth and snappy.

Maybe it was just the store I was at but I shut it down and rebooted and spent an hour playing on the DROID and the only things I liked about it were the maps and turn by turn of course is nice. The ability to run multiple apps simultaneously is good as well.

Just switching screens or "desktops" or just generally scrolling around on a page isn't perfectly streamlined yet. I'm sure it will be eventually, but it's not now. Since I jailbroke my 3GS it does the main thing I liked about the DROID which is run many apps at the same time, and it's quicker/snappier as well.

I LOVE Verizon's coverage in our area though, my friend's got an LG Dare and he gets full 3G where I only get edge. There are tradeoff's of course but overall VZW's coverage in my area is superior. I hope they get the iphone so I can switch!

Hrmm. Funny. I bought a phone to make calls....

And I thought I was the only one. I do carry a laptop around to do any browsing I need, and don't purchase a data plan either. How do I live!@!@

Keep the iphone off of Verizon please! Or at least wait until the whole network is LTE. Nothing personal against the iphone, but I like my verizon data speeds. I like the fact that I have never had a call dropped due to network congestion (had a few drop from low signal in the boondocks).

If there was a mass exodus to verizon it might create more problems than it's worth. Can the verizon network handle several million additional data/voice users?

And I thought I was the only one. I do carry a laptop around to do any browsing I need, and don't purchase a data plan either. How do I live!@!@

Why would I carry a laptop around to do some occasional browsing? The Droid does basically everything I want to. I've browsed on it a bit and it's been a breeze.

Why would I carry a laptop around to do some occasional browsing? The Droid does basically everything I want to. I've browsed on it a bit and it's been a breeze.

I use my laptop to work, thus I have it with me all day. I use my phone to make phone calls. Gasp..

You use a phone to do phone calls? That's not cool around here bro.. a phone also has to be able to surf the web, play games, play video, play music, etc. etc. I'm so sorry that your mp3 player can't make calls, but my iPhone has an app for that :rolleyes:

the iphone is all about accessing the internet while in the middle of a call, thats not possible on verizon

I'm pretty sure I've done this before. I'll give it a try again, but I'm fairly certain, and I'm on Verizon. Maybe it depends on your phone?

I live out in NW Missouri or as some would say BFE. I have very good call quality and very fast data speeds. Around 3Mbps downstream on my iPhone. I am starting to think most of the complaints about AT&Ts network are coming from CA and NY which is very surprising.

It sucks in all/most of new england (prolly from all the yuppy assholes up here), haven't tried it in NYC yet.

I got mine for what I can do with it once it is jailbroken, and I liked the keyboard the best. AT&T does suck balls, and if the iphone ends up going to Verizon I will jump ship like most.

Didn't get to finish my last post, bleh...

Anyways, I think AT&T knows that most will jump ship and I am willing to bet a large sum of money that they will fight tooth and nail to keep the exclusive rights to the iphone in order to survive.

Didn't get to finish my last post, bleh...

Anyways, I think AT&T knows that most will jump ship and I am willing to bet a large sum of money that they will fight tooth and nail to keep the exclusive rights to the iphone in order to survive.

You bottom-lined it right there. Some of my friends have said they would be willing to pay the cancellation fees if they could go back to verizon and still have an iPhone.

the iphone does cause congestion in NYC and other large cities. The thing with the Iphone is that t he voice AND data both run off the 3g network... if you turn off 3g, y ou should have the problems stop. :)

i use to work for att, so take that for some 'fix your damn phone' info :D

I still dont see this happening. If anything they will just renew the exclusivity contract. Apples all about exclusivity.

Remember the first time they tried to get the iPhone? Apple I believe rejected Verizons terms, and that has got them to where they are today with the device, no where :p

AT&T has no excuse for not being the first with 4g. They have the most resources and the deepest pockets.

I really don't see Verizon getting the iPhone after all the criticism of the iPhone. It would be kinda hard to start selling a product you just spent months bashing.

The don't bash the phone, just the network they are on :rolleyes: AT&T's AD's do however in some, generally vash Verizons phones in the voice+internet at the same time deal.

Back