Verizon Internet Packages, IS THIS TRUE!!!

There lines will be upgraded by the end of 2005 !!!

This is gonna be kick ass!

I think I'll get the 15 Mbps / 5 Mbps Up!

No need for 30 lol *cant afford that ethier!*

Although 5 / 2 mbps would be enough but this is sweet!

verizon is DSL right? i was always under the impression that cable is alot faster than dsl. i might just switch to verizon if they are faster than comcast.

30Mbps! Damn!... of course I'm sure that is in "good conditions" and you don't actually get that, but still... pretty good.

Bleed said:
verizon is DSL right? i was always under the impression that cable is alot faster than dsl. i might just switch to verizon if they are faster than comcast.

Verizon does dialup, dsl and this new service called FIOS, thats what AMDXPCottonFire22 is talking about here. FIOS connections route high-speed fiber-optic connections directly to the home in place of a cable or a high-speed DSL connection over a phone line.

Fiber optic..not cable...

Cable can be and is usually faster than dsl service, but when you and everyone in the neighbourhood have the same cable provider you get pretty crappy cable connections...had cable for about 4 month, worst 4 months of broadband I've experienced IMHO..

DSL just works better where I live.

MD

That shit rocks!

No idea when it will be available in Phoenix area though...

I have Cox cable now and I get 4Mbs down and 512Kbs up for $49 a month.

I had DSl for a while and I have to say, it was horrible. Cable has never let me down.

well, if they're gonna use fiber optics, then i guess its gonna be fast. Ive just check the availability in my area, they dont have it here yet :(.

I'm on Verizon DSL atm and I like it a lot. Only 1.5 / 384 service but its enough for most things.

That new stuff isnt available for me either, but I sure as heck filled out the form to be notified for when it is!!!

Thanks very much for the post!

MAN i used to have verizon and man did it suck when they mean speeds vary SPEEDS VARY I rarely got anything above a 150/k dl got cox cable internet get 400+/k dl all the time

For the majority who have copper to the home, don't hold your breath on getting the Fios service as it requires *fiber* all the way to the home demarcation point. Verizon isn't going to start replacing everyone's copper with fiber for quite some time.

heh no you have to request it I believe and it will be done by 2005 I wouldnt expect to see it until 2006 in majorly populated areas is should proabably soon be availible in 2005.

Is this the new service they rolled out in Fort Worth,TX a few months ago. There was some big deal that happened and they mentioned that Verizon was installing Fiber Optic lines for a new service.

AMDXPCottonFire22 said:
heh no you have to request it I believe and it will be done by 2005 I wouldnt expect to see it until 2006 in majorly populated areas is should proabably soon be availible in 2005.

It's only logical they are going to target highly populated areas first ,so far Verizon has 3 key areas they are deploying it now and *may* surpass a million customers by the end of the year. Verizon doesn't have a sign up list where you can request it, at best you can signup and they will *notify* you when its available.

However as I stated before, I don't see Verizon *replacing* all the copper with fiber anytime within the next few years.

Yup it is. Keller is right next to Fort Worth so that must be what they were talking about. I think I know where I will be moving to next!!

It'll be coming soon in most of SoCal, my friends dad is a Verizon TelCo Troubleshooter and said that about a month ago he had to attend Fiber Training, where they got to play with all this stuff and learn about it.

He said my neighborhood (In Chino Hills, CA 91709 NPA 909/951) will have it in less than a year.

I cant wait.

SBC is doing the same thing in the 13 states they're in. I have a couple friends that are on the "beta test" of it and they get around 24mbps constant. sweet deal IMO.

I'm in Temecula, CA (909/951).. I'm sure as soon as it comes out I'll be switching. :)

Those uploads are awesome for a home connection .. 30 down ?! ROFL!

p3n said:
Those uploads are awesome for a home connection .. 30 down ?! ROFL!

dude 30 down is kick ass the price is even better for business use too.

I still wouldnt pay 199.95 a month with tax for internet though..

I so cant wait tell this is out, comcast better ge there buts in gear there so behind.

No shit, they advertise 4mbps but I barely get 3. They're recent increase didnt help me at all. I dont even get 4mbps at 3:00 in the morning.

wow that would own..i bet they'll under-estimate though, and too many people will join...and they'll be like "whoops, we're expanding too fast...please wait 3 weeks for internet..."

RandysWay said:
I'm in Temecula, CA (909/951).. I'm sure as soon as it comes out I'll be switching. :)

I'm just South of you (Escondido) so i'll be waiting too :)

Is it even available anywhere yet?

That would be nice but there is one problem. You are only going to go a fast as the other side is. I have a 10Mbps connection both up and down right now. I very rarely am able to hit top speed. Most servers will only allow up to around 200-300KBps. Now I am able to hit 600-800KBps from Microsoft.

most big websites have no problem handling my connection, i can get 1mbyte/s from most places i go to

Damn it all to hell. I would do this right now. I live in Watauga, it shares a border with Keller. I was wondering what all the signs were going through every day. 15 down for $50? Thats insane

I've had mine for 1 month now. Its just incredible. I wish they would offer static IPs though. They said only the 30Mb service would have the choice of static IP's at this time.

LAN anyone?

Sweet!

Wonder when they're gonna put this in the Temple/Killeen/Ft. Hood area?

What I dont get is the phone number search....it's fiber, not phone line copper. In the FAQ they constantly say that eligability is not determined by phone number, but rather your physical address. So why the hell do they have you search by phone number? That's stupid.

I might give em a call and see when they're gonna have it in this area. I'm paying 44.95/mo for 3mb/512k up RoadRunner...this blows that away.

Thanks for the heads up!

Phone Numbers are a quick and simple way of searching for a physical address.

What worries me is that they dont even offer basic dsl where I live and it scares me to think I will never be able to get the FIOS service. But if they do :D I will dump comcast, and as far as that link above goes, they have screen shot of a download 14,417kbps. :eek:

fuck the downloads over 15... i dont need anything really over 5, because you rarely see servers going that fast.

i want more upload!!!!

Back