Verizon has 25/25 FIOS for the same price as 25/15 my current plan

AMD_Gamer

Fully [H]
I was just paying my bill online and noticed something interesting. In the internet plan options I can apparently upgrade to 25/25 from my current 25/15 for the same price I am paying with the 25/15 plan. Is this some kind of trick to lock me into another 2 year agreement? I just passed my two year mark and I think I am now on a month-month basis with Verizon and my FIOS package.

QKnMl.jpg

Do you actually get 25/15 or 25/25?

Back when I had the 25/15 plan, I got 25/25. For whatever reason, they weren't able to advertise symmetrical prices at first.

Do you actually get 25/15 or 25/25?

Back when I had the 25/15 plan, I got 25/25. For whatever reason, they weren't able to advertise symmetrical prices at first.

I get 25/15.

well speedtest sometimes says 25/20

Double check your current speed, and give them a call if you aren't already at 25/25.

My new apartment uses a reseller of FIOS, and I got 35/35 with no contract. Might be a special deal for apartments, but FIOS is old enough where contracts shouldn't be a requirement anymore.

ETA: Well you are getting more than 25/15, if you have a real firewall you might try and bypass that and see if your upload goes to 25. IMO 25/15 was an old option and you got upgraded to 25/25 at some point.

ETA2: My verizon options are the same price, but 1 year contract.

Last edited:
see where, for your current plan, just above the price it says "Current Monthly Price"

but above the prices for the other plans it says "1st Month Price"

You should call FiOS. You can sign up for that price with a 1 year commitment and not two years. I think Verizon is pushing for larger customer-base with more attractive pricing and less contractual commitments.

25/25 isn't really much of a difference compared to 25/15 though... I mean, who regularly uploads 100+gb of data every month to the internet, especially as a regular user. I think part of the terms of service for FiOS is that you can't run a server from within your network.

a friend of mine on this forum, criccio had this same thing happen to him.

You have to think of tiers only.

When he first got service tier 2 was something like 15/5. Now teir 2 is 25/25. You're entitled to that upgrade. He called in and they switch his speed. No extra cost.

He was paying for tier2. Hes not paying for a speed. What ever tier2 is, hes entitled to it.

This make sense? I'll see if he can clarify.

^ Yup.

FiOS is offering 3 speed tiers at the current time. 15/5, 25/25, and 50/50. http://www22.verizon.com/residential/fiosinternet/plans/

When I signed up something like 5 years ago we bought the 2nd speed tier which was at that time 15/2. Once I got around to noticing that Verizon was now offering 25/25 for the same price that I was paying for 15/2, I called customer service and was able to get my speed increased with no charge.

I was locked into my previous speed of 20/5 since 2004, I was paying $39.99... I just recently upgraded to 50/20 and am paying $94.99, I needed the extra speed but call them up and have them upgrade you to the other plan... might as well get the most speeds for your money.

Back