Verizon and AT&T Slow Due To Unlimited Data Plans

Wow, people might use 25GB per month on a tiny screen within a few years? Impressive. I probably don't even use 1% of that per month.

Yeah right, sounds like they're getting ready to do something anti-consumer again, probably overselling and now they wanna limit the service to oversell harder.

Maybe eventually we can go back to the $2/minute days the way things are headed. /s

T-Mobile has half the customers of Verizon or AT&T at this point and climbing. However, their coverage and number of towers have utterly skyrocketed in the last 3 years. Any experience on T-mobile's network that isn't within the last year is no longer valid. Verizon's network has barely moved at all in this time in quality or size and soon their claim of the most coverage and reliability will no longer be the case. It may be already. Note I have Verizon and I watched the fine print on the "unlimited plan" as they no longer allow employee discounts etc when on that plan. So the price isn't actually cheaper in the end. I have been researching the changes and the plans for 5G amongst the carriers. Looks like I will be moving to T-Mobile before long.

I refer to my above quote....

I was still on my first cup. ;-) Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

I was just going to ask you how many cups you had as I noticed you post about nit picking then screw up MB and Mb. Got beat to it. :)

Read the article. Makes sense.
Not really. The article states Verizon/AT&T reintroduced "unlimited" data plans to compete with T-Mobile. When you look at the chart, though, you'd expect to see T-Mobile's speed dropping alongside theirs... instead, T-Mobile started near the top and has gotten faster.

Thanks for the correction, I had it backwards, the t-mobile & att phones aren't guaranteed to work on cdma.

It’s why Verizon and Sprint iPhones generally sold for more from what I remember. They are always unlocked, at least for Verizon. I’m not sure about android based phones though, they used to be super limited with LTE bands.

T-Mobile is the shittttttttttttttttttttt! Love them. Had Verizon for the longest time, fck that company and all the bigs running it. Overpriced garbage.

Scary part, T-Mobile is going to get even bigger and faster by the end of the year.
Huh, weird...maybe they should have spent all that profit they made gouging customers for years on infrastructure?

All you fools saying Verizon doesn't spend money on infrastructure, have any facts to back that up?

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/wireless-capex-down-15-q4-signaling-muted-spending-2017

Verizon = 17 billion
att = 22 billion
sprint = 2 billion
tmobile = 5 billion

but please continue ranting without facts.

So AT&T went from 13.9 to 12.9 and Verizon went from 16.9 to 14.9.... OH THE NOES!!!!!

Actually if that seriously is all they lost by allowing people to go full balls the wall "unlimited" then I think things are going just fine.

Att keeps raising the price on my grandfathered Unlimited Plan every year. Therefore, I make it a point to use as much data as humanly possible. I still seldom go over two or three gigs. Time for a change.

Read the article. Makes sense.

I think what Savi means by "bullshit" is it's likely just lazy and intentional business. e.g. Slow due to being oversold and refusal to invest in improvements.

I've seen this for 20 years in both internet providers and mobile services. These companies so entrenched in their way (without real competition) they can simply charge more and impose limitations rather than reinvest or support change.

Well lets admit that we were all very surprised when they introduced unlimited plans again!
And not so surprised when they now start blaming us for it! lol

I think what Savi means by "bullshit" is it's likely just lazy and intentional business. e.g. Slow due to being oversold and refusal to invest in improvements.

I've seen this for 20 years in both internet providers and mobile services. These companies so entrenched in their way (without real competition) they can simply charge more and impose limitations rather than reinvest or support change.

Didn't think about the comment that way and ya. It would be bullshit if those two companies simply oversold their product, which they probably did. That or throttle the high speed connection, with a worse throttling when you hit the cap.

It's pretty hasslefree to do take a number across carriers these days.

you get what you pay for.....we're grandfathered in VZW and was glad they brought back unlimited. i'd say anything is better than being capped off on data. then again, would you rather be capped off or get "unlimited" data at throttled speed?

well if you aren't getting what you paid for, you're welcomed to jump onto any carrier :D

Back