DistributedBen
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Mar 26, 2004
- Messages
- 227
I am using Veritas 9.1 on Windows 2003 Std Server, backing up to external firewire drives. I created a backup to disk folder on each and set the media set properties to Overwrite Protection = 0 Hours, and Append Period to Infinite - Allow Append. This same media set setup worked fine on a previous hard drive that failed.
Now with the new drives the backup runs, but always overwrites the previous job, even though there is plenty of space left on the drive. For example, on one of the 320GB drives there is always 208GB of free space, no matter how many backups we run.
I check the properties for the backup and everything shows up as not appendable. How is this happening when I have it set to always allow append. It is running one backup set and thinking the drives are full. I don't understand how this worked great on our previous drive (250GB firewire) but acts differently now. I even tried using the same media set as the old drive, and still no go.
Any have an issue like this. I couldn't turn up anything from searching google or the Veritas KB.
Now with the new drives the backup runs, but always overwrites the previous job, even though there is plenty of space left on the drive. For example, on one of the 320GB drives there is always 208GB of free space, no matter how many backups we run.
I check the properties for the backup and everything shows up as not appendable. How is this happening when I have it set to always allow append. It is running one backup set and thinking the drives are full. I don't understand how this worked great on our previous drive (250GB firewire) but acts differently now. I even tried using the same media set as the old drive, and still no go.
Any have an issue like this. I couldn't turn up anything from searching google or the Veritas KB.