Ventrilo Server Hosting

Kevl4R

Gawd
I did a forum search that turned up squat for this, so I'm asking for some help on this. I want to set-up a Ventrilo server, can anyone recommend a good hosting service?

Hey guys, while we're on the topic are there any who host a teamspeak/ventrilo server for their WoW guild themselves? $15-30 a month is a lot, after all... what kind of bandwidth up would someone need to host a 40-50 person server with a low or mid quality codec?

Xaeos said:
Hey guys, while we're on the topic are there any who host a teamspeak/ventrilo server for their WoW guild themselves? $15-30 a month is a lot, after all... what kind of bandwidth up would someone need to host a 40-50 person server with a low or mid quality codec?

With Ventrillo you can only host 5 slot servers yourself, and to my knowledge it's impossible to do anymore yourself without being a full on reseller do to the way they do their licensing.

I believe that would be possible with Teamspeak however..

Another option is to set up a paypal account and post it in your guild forums (sticky) and have guildies donate to you (or whoever is paying).

Martin,

I think I still have that vent servier up. I know I'm still paying $10 a month for it. Oooppsss.

Hito Bahadur said:
Martin,

I think I still have that vent servier up. I know I'm still paying $10 a month for it. Oooppsss.

hilarious. This is the last month that I pay for 7s vent server. I'm selling my accounts.

Xaeos said:

Unless you have a spare server around on a 1meg+ pipe or know someone that does 15 -30$ is cheap. That's $1 donation from everyone every other month.

pistola said:
http://www.gamingzen.com/

Been using them for my WoW guild, cheap and reliable with speex codec so that Mac users can use it as well. Very easy to setup.

I went with Gaming Zen, the first month is free and it was $7.00/month for a 20 slot server. Exactly what I was looking for. The server is already up and running.

Kevl4R said:
I went with Gaming Zen, the first month is free and it was $7.00/month for a 20 slot server. Exactly what I was looking for. The server is already up and running.

Yea it was exactly what I wanted too, no channel limitations nothing, you pay the money its up in seconds flat, ive been using mine for while no downtime at all so far.

I use darkstar communications as well. Have been for 2 years now. Never had a problem and they are reliable.

I've used nrgservers.net, $10 for 50 person high quality codec.. no real problems with them.. they also have a ghetto web interface thing where if someone tries to ban you (the admin) you can undo it really easily.

edge3.nrgservers.net port 3501 if you wanted to try it out.. I plan on cancelling it in the next month or so as I don't use it right now. I bought it for my guild when I played wow.. but that was about 5-6 months ago and now random public people use it.

JadedMaple said:
I've played for numerous CS teams on http://www.nationvoice.com. I'd say it was pretty awesome.

I'm on NationVoice as well. I only have a 10 slot server to play World of Warcraft and Everquest 2 with real life friends. I'm very happy with the pricing, uptime, latency, and sound quality provided by them. :)

Back