• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ventrilo and Windows 7

Cronyx

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 24, 2005
Messages
146
I've got a customer's computer here, windows 7 home prem x64. This was his first time using W7 and he brought it in because he couldn't get Vent working. I've got the same set up at home so I figured this would be an easy fix, but for the life of me, I can't remember what I did to mine to make it work. He wants it set up so that ALL sounds come out of both the rear audio jacks, and the front panel audio at the same time. At first ventrilo wouldn't work at all, but I've got that sorted out finally, but I'm still at a loss for getting even a youtube video to output audio to both speakers and headphones simultaneously. Also can't remember where to turn off jack detection; if you unplug the headphones (on purpose or accidentally - cat or chair mishap), Vent crashes and must be restarted because the sound device it was just using went away.

Thanks in advance.
 
Is it using one of those realtek HD audio control panel things (or any of the like)? If it is, there's an option in the proprietary control panel (not the windows control panel) to disable the rear output upon front audio detection. If you uncheck that box, that's what has always worked for me. If you just can't get it to work, get a cheap sound card and throw it in there. If that's the route you want to go, I have a bunch of SB live cards and an X-fi I can sell you very cheap.
 
I'm not at the shop anymore so I can't check, but I'm pretty sure I disabled that but it didn't do anything. I'll check again tomorrow.

The other issue was getting all sound to output to all devices all the time. Any idea how to get it to do that? Mine does it, like I said, but I put this computer together months ago and don't remember how I did it.

Thanks, by the way.
 
Hmm...well post here tomorrow what kind of audio control panel it has. That will make it easier to help. Once you let me know that I'll look around and see what I can find about it. The only thing I can think of right now is just get rid of the proprietary control panel software and just let windows 7 install a driver for it. That way you can use the built in windows sound manager, which should be a lot easier to use than the crapware that realtek has.
 
Back
Top