Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Other please post.

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"That cool chip that came between Winchesters and Dual Cores"

Because that's mostly what it is to us. A Winchester without the issues that has SSE3 thrown in 'cuz Intel did it so now AMD has to too.

This 'E3' thing is startin to grow on me.

Kinda like C3PO star wars $heeeeet :eek:

V = The V Chip. Maybe something a bit longer like Athlon V or A64-V?

E3 = Electronic Entertainment Expo (Most gamers should already know this, if not go read Penny Arcade or something).

RevE...not quite but might be on to something if you shorten it less, like Revision E or E core.

Vinnie, Venny, and Vinny are going to sound too much like Winnie if actually spoken so might be best to avoid.

Venice is short and sexy and looks to run like a monster...Hell, what more do you want? :D Leave 'er alone!

Just leave it as venice for crying outloud. I saw someone posting the other day calling it vinnie, and I was like "wtf?" lol. All chips do not need an abbreviation, and all chips certainly dont need to be called "first 3-4letters of name" + inny/innie. You dont see people going around man that northy is a great chip it certainly beats out that pressy or newcastley.

Sometimes a nickname fits, and sometimes you cant beat the original. This is one of those cases where you stick with what your mamma gave you! :)

everything sucks but V

i would say E3, but that's the core itself, and an E3 chip in 754 format isn't venice anymore, so that fails.

all the others.. i don't like italian names too much. and it needs a nickname. so V it is. ;)

THE V IS DEAD, LONG LIVE THE V

Leave it as Venice, its only 2 syllables people c'mon! As are all the other options! Except V but why call it V...too vague.

cause V sounds cool.

hey, at least we're not being silly guys and lenthening it to Veronica or something. i can just imagine

"My veronica is too hot"
"i'm going to run my veronica naked. without the heatspreader that is"

i think you get the point. actual names are bad. letters are good. ;)

Leave it as Venice guys, V, that doesn't flow as well or sound as smooth. At least Winchester/Winnie You're bringing the syllable level down from 3 to 2.

(cf)Eclipse said:
hey, at least we're not being silly guys and lenthening it to Veronica or something. i can just imagine

"My veronica is too hot"

That's actually not a bad idea...

(cf)Eclipse said:
cause V sounds cool.

"My veronica is too hot"

yes i'd still like the ability to check teh forums from school.

(cf)Eclipse said:
cause V sounds cool.

"My veronica is too hot"

my veronica is hot!
and i run my veronica naked too!

veronica = my girlfriend ;)

lithium726 said:
my veronica is hot!
and i run my veronica naked too!

veronica = my girlfriend ;)

That could be taken one of two ways, either you have a anthropomorphized and possibly unhealthy relationship with your computer, or literally as stated...either way I don't think I really needed to know... :rolleyes:

I think it should be <insert random So-Cal Location here>, because with the way they're going with San Diego and Venice, I have no problem seeing Los Angeles

just leave it venice. honestly, its no winchester or clawhammer - its a short name...

SlingXShot said:

Vivian? Venitia?

I think they had the girlie name bit covered pretty well with just Veronica.

And I'm starting to favor variants on V. Didn't want to, but it's catchy.

ashmedai said:
That could be taken one of two ways, either you have a anthropomorphized and possibly unhealthy relationship with your computer, or literally as stated...either way I don't think I really needed to know... :rolleyes:
no no, its a human ;)

and im just messin around, no need to roll the eyes at me

It says "rolleyes" but I think it looks more like it's trying to feign innocence...

I think the votes take it....time to stop using short nicknames for an already short name ;)

It's like giving someone named Paul a nickname......I mean honestly, is that needed?

tsuehpsyde said:
I think the votes take it....time to stop using short nicknames for an already short name ;)

It's like giving someone named Paul a nickname......I mean honestly, is that needed?

Paullie is a valid nickname, if you don't mind sounding like an ass.

robberbaron said:
Paullie is a valid nickname, if you don't mind sounding like an ass.

exactly my point....ppl who call venice vinnie just makes them sound like an ass imo. (not that I am calling ne1 here an ass, you can call venice whatever you damn well please and so long as you aren't being an annoying !!!!!! I could care less :p )

hahaha, nice comeback there :D
i agree 100% though.. either venice or v. nothing else.

umbra said:
Vinni,Viddi, Vicci I came I saw I conquerored :D
Vapor1000 said:
how about.... vinnie vetti vichi....

Geeze people...
The Latin part of my brain just writhed and screamed in agony.
Veni Vidi Vici. I came, I saw, I conquered.

There, I've said my peace. Leave it as venice, it's already a codeword <= 2 syllables.

Well but the time someone might acctually have one in the hand this poll will be closed and well know :)

wow, you gave it till next saturday to close? that's.. yeah, i think the chips should definitly be in the hands of some of the guys here by next saturday, and hopefully by then, i'll have some chips to put into my revE oc database :D

(cf)Eclipse said:
wow, you gave it till next saturday to close? that's.. yeah, i think the chips should definitly be in the hands of some of the guys here by next saturday, and hopefully by then, i'll have some chips to put into my revE oc database :D

Think / hope... Well those are pretty uncertain words... The pessimistic part of me belives that we will talk about the E3 cores a week or to with the new official nickname without any1 of us acctually having one. The ever so optimistic part of me is still hoping for tomorrow :) The realistic part (damn I must be schizophren) tends to agree with the pessimistic part. :(

hehehe, nice frallan.
i'm thinking monday we'll see them, but as i've said before, i'm a very optimistic guy ;)

It's two fucking syllables. So are the nicknames. What's the point?!

Winchester to Winny makes sense.

Why not just say VENICE.

OY.

lol i think the whole point of the thread was to be humerous as peopel seem pretty boared waiting around for venice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back