Vendor Reps...tell everyone if they actually helped or NOT

primetime

Supreme [H]ardness
I know we have Asus, XFX, MSI and possibly a few more. Maybe this thread goes know where but good or bad i want to here whether the current vendor reps here helped you or didn't left a finger. Hard ocp had been my favorite web site ever since i joined and its awesome they have reps that post and can help when needed here BUT people need to know if they did or didn't help.

When people buy new hardware it might influence what brand they go with and that is all this thread is intended for. Possibly im retarded for posting this thread but to me its an important fact before you buy new hardware.

All i ask is post your experience one way or the other. (Hey if they went out of there way to help people should know:D)

I am about to RMA a EVGA video card so I will let you know how that goes.
It just happened today..... :(

I remember Tony the Silverstone rep as being cool. He answered many a questions about their cases.

XFX rep helped me out a ton!
He went out of his way to help me and could have denied me on a technical basis. But I feel like he understood where I was coming from.
I have faith in XFX now and will be making my next AMD card purchase with them.

A serious "Thank you":) all those responding so far with your actual experience. I very much hope that this thread helps inform potential buyers of what to expect if things go wrong and to give credit to our current vendor rep's here at hardocp which for a lot of us is the "go to place" of the internet. Im going to withhold my experience for the time being because its more important to know each or your experiences.

Galaxy (or Galax now) guy is a total bro.

Corsair guy didn't even respond.

xfx support sucked for me.

they told me to use pliers and bend my card or the case to make it fit.

I was going to RMA a motherboard to ASUS. Raja responded an offered to help out.

He then send me a physically damaged board that completely died after one week.

I even let him know the board he sent me was physically damaged and he offered no more "help".

When I opened up a ticked with ASUS about it, all they put in the ticket was "CLOSE!"

I contacted Newegg about it and they offered to give me a full refund for the board after they verified what ASUS had done even though I had bought it over a year before that.

I remember Tony the Silverstone rep as being cool. He answered many a questions about their cases.

Tony's been really helpful with info when their new products are coming around, but tends to disappear when people are having issues.

Eugene from MSI has been fairly outgoing and helpful, and overall, left me with a more positive opinion of his company than I originally had

Never notice Raja around here anymore, and can't remember him ever helping out in the ASUS ITX mobo threads in SFF.

I find reps useless overall, they're usually there just to push their products and offer little to no real help.

I find reps useless overall, they're usually there just to push their products and offer little to no real help.

please post actual vendor encounters as i can say 100% that some of our vendors go way above and beyond but you are correct in some others are just that

The Galaxy guy helped me with an RMA a few years ago and more recently the MSI guy responded quickly to a question about my Lightning. Positive experiences so far on the [H] forums.

XFX guy was great. Had him respond to a warranty question about used GPU warranties. He was very helpful. here

Last edited:
The galaxy guy helped me get some info about one of the mosfets on my gtx570 from the engineers. I had one mosfet that was crazy hotter than the rest (used a temp gun), he got with engineers and gave me their response on if it was normal or not. (i don't remember what they said).

The asus guy I found didn't help much. I had an issue where I updated my bios and all of sudden the asus ai suite would just throw an exception and close. He thought it was all sorts of stuff except the bios update, he wanted me to update java (the ai suite doesn't use java and I never installed java before when it worked). An uninstall and reinstall didn't work either. Well 2 months later asus did another bios update and guess what? Ai suite worked after that.

I contacted the ASUS rep about my video card. He told me that he doesn't deal in support, only marketing and referred me to someone else.

I've had excellent responses from the following reps:

XFX
Galaxy
Corsair
Seasonic

Not so good.........well, I'll leave that up to the process of elimination......:eek: (hint....starts with an "A")

Guys I've never had to interact with or that I don't even know have reps here.....MSI,EVGA,
Gigabyte.

I haven't dealt with a representative directly on this site or any other forum site, but I've had a few rmas that I can speak on.

Asus - P8Z77V-LK Motherboard rma. A nightmare. TLDR it took 3 boards to get one working correctly. It took reporting them to BBB to get the first one sent.

Corsair - H60 loud/hot. The day they received my defective unit they shipped out the replacement. I was surprised when I received a brand new sealed unit. New one works great. Awesome experience.

MSI - R9 280: Simple return and replacement. Easy to communicate with. | Z87-G45 gaming mb: First replacement was worse than original. They covered the shipping the second time. New board works great. Again, easy to work with.

I have had good experience with G.Skill and Patriot. I did an RMA with Gskill RAM and a Patriot flash drive. I just used their RMA procedures on the manufacturer sites not any rep here. Quick and simple to get both setup. I also had a good experience with Asus RMA but that was in 2003 not anything recent.

I am new to this board and haven't used any vendor reps here but from my experiences with other vendor reps they are usually fantastic and if they are not if you contact their public relations department and let them know the problems that you will get a fast resolution.

Just recently, had an MSI 660ti RMA, with a long turn around (over a month). Eugene the MSI Rep here on the HardForum got involved and I had a 770 in my chubby little hands within a week. Was the turn around too long? Maybe, but between what was sent and Eugene's kindly help, I'm happy with it.

Back