Velociraptor Raid 0 problems

strikerP4

Limp Gawd
Ok so I have two 80GB HLFS Velociraptors on my IP35 PRO using the Intel ICH9R. I can't get windows 7 to boot after install. I just get a blank screen or the starting windows screen for a few minutes and then a black screen. If I reboot one the drives shows an "error occured message on the second port. I tried swapping the port and it is always the second port where the drive reports an error. I've tried 128k and 64k stripe sizes and same error. I tried loading the lastest version of the Intel matrix storage driver during the install. I have 4 750GB on the other four ports in a RAID 5 and I even tried unplugging them and running the two raptors alone and still same issue.

I am kind of stuff between a rock and a hard place as I can't install a hardware raid card even if I wanted to (rather not spend the money if I can avoid it) as I have two video cards in crossfire and no open PCI express slots.

Do I need to go out and get a new Mobo with a newer version of the Intel ROM onboard since there is no BIOS updates coming out of ABIT anymore for this thing?

Ok I fixed my own issue. It eems no matter which drive was plugged into port 1 it was kick say that drive had an error after a failed boot. I moved a drive to port 5 and bam it booted. So port 0 and port 5 it is.

Back