• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Velociraptor jumper 7-8

Misterer

n00b
Joined
Aug 22, 2011
Messages
40
Does anyone know if current Velociraptor drives support setting jumper 7-8 to fix misalignment issues on win xp formatted single-partition systems as described here?

My drive does have pins available but no markings regarding jumper options.

I know there are other options to fix that, but I would prefer not to mess with any extra software and just set the jumper and be done with it.
 
I'm not living in the past, that's for my retro machine I use for gaming nostalgia from time to time.

Anyway, WD support is as useless as it can be. A Harley and a Saul both replied with the same copy-paste info from their website, even though I specifically asked for a yes/no answer.
 
I'm not living in the past, that's for my retro machine I use for gaming nostalgia from time to time.

Anyway, WD support is as useless as it can be. A Harley and a Saul both replied with the same copy-paste info from their website, even though I specifically asked for a yes/no answer.

That's what virtual machines are for.

Failing that then it's a relatively simple solution: Insert drive into win 7 or higher box, format, put drive back in xp box and install without a format or repartition.
 
Back
Top