Vega undervolt does not work with blockchain drivers

allen5055

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi, I've been working on trying to obtain the elusive 44Mhash of ether mining at 150w power draw. Using the blockchain drivers, I can easily obtain 44Mhash. However, with the blockchain drivers no matter what I do, my power draw is significantly higher, about 200-250w per card.

I've tried using Wattman to put in a manual voltage of 800 on each card. I've lowered the power limit to -50%. I've lowered the GPU core clock to 850mhz. No matter what I do, on HWinfo I see a GPU core voltage VDDC of 1.356v. It never changes. I don't think I'm undervolting the GPU at all with the blockchain drivers.

I tried following the instructions posted by S1L3N7D3A7H without success. https://imgur.com/a/WseAy

How do I undervolt Vega 64 with the blockchain driver successfully?

Solved. This guide worked for me.

It's basically the opposite of what hellman did. The youtube vid says he's gonna tweak the mod again for even lower voltages which I think my rig has a good chance of handling since the cards are under water and only at 40c.

He's supposedly releasing another registry tweak based on hellman's work that undervolts the cards even further. I cut off 200w. I'm not quite at 130w per card, but I dropped 200w from just using the blockchain driver. The voltage dropped on my Vegas from 1.15v in GPU-Z to 0.8375v. I strongly suspect I could go lower, my cards are only at 40c under water.

I'll try the vid you link

I just slid the bios switch to get the 15-20 watt reduction with the lower power firmware but I'm still close to 200 watts on the mining driver.

My mining pair are Vega 56.

Back