High end is now muddied. AMD offers higher performance and slightly higher power usage.
Epeen upgraditis types now confused 'cus muh Nvidia is not so stronk all of a sudden and 'AMD SUXX LOLOLOL' can't be so easily played when they're competitive or better on performance.
Next few years are going to be a great time for GPU consumers... 4k, 8k, VR, mGPU/MCM bring it on!
Yeah I'm not making any performance claims here. I still recall the Fury launch turning into nothing more than an interesting experiment I didn't want to buy. If they launch this the way I think it will be launched there won't be frame pacing issues in the traditional sense, this won't be two GPU's in crossfire, it will be one GPU composed of a couple chips and some driver managed latency issues or something. This memory caching they've been busting their ass talking about is what is leading me down this thought trail. It's not like AMD can't design a unique memory controller, they have a few years behind them here.
But I know nothing and I don't claim to.