• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Vega 56 flash to 64 issues.

Archaea

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Oct 19, 2004
Messages
11,934
I flashed my Vega 56 PowerColor and Sapphire cards to Vega 64 stock bios tonight.

I'm encountering issues now. Star Wars Battlefront runs at 10FPS in crossfire. I'm getting roughly a single Vega 64 score in Firestrike even when Crossfire on the two cards is enabled. The cards worked much better before I flashed them.

This is the bios I used: It's just a generic AMD Stock Vega 64 BIOS.
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/194441/amd-rxvega64-8176-170719

I used the same BIOS on both cards --- could that be an issue? I flashed the left most switch position as suggested. The cards are working - just not working well.

Any suggestions?
 
did you check if your cards are throttling?

Are their voltage differences between the 56 and 64 drivers? If there are differences there is a good chance your cards are throttling.

Also try one card at a time and see what happens then.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top