vDS Broke My vCenter

NetJunkie

[H]F Junkie
Working in the lab on some weirdness I was seeing with vNICs on UCS and the vDS. While rolling some hosts in/out of the vDS last night vCenter crashed and now won't start. Get this in the log:

2012-02-11T11:28:27.401-05:00 [02600 error 'Default'] [VpxdMain] Failed to initialize: vim.fault.InvalidNetworkInType
2012-02-11T11:28:27.401-05:00 [02600 error 'Default'] Failed to intialize VMware VirtualCenter. Shutting down...

No clue how to fix this since I can't get in to vCenter.

Is this at work or home? If I lost a vCenter i'd be calling vmware asap.

As I'm sure you're aware, Google doesn't have much, with your post already being #1 for "Failed to initialize: vim.fault.InvalidNetworkInType"

It's my lab at the office so nothing is down. I'm at Partner Exchange so I'll deal with it when I get back. My guess is I'll be in SQL erasing something...

What was the weirdness you were seeing on the vNICs? (I teach UCS)

PM me your email address and I'll write it up. Was some odd things with vNICs on a B200M2 and the vDS. My B200M1s w/ M81KRs worked fine. All based on the same Service Profile template.

Say hi to my friends at PeX - tell them you know me, as it's 2 of my best friends there (assuming you're at vegas this week) :)

As for the error - never seen it, but nuke the db to fix it, or go digging for the dvs stuff in there.

You're going to have to be more specific on the people. :)

Yeah, I'll probably just nuke it. Just thought it might make a good blog post but I suspect I'll be in SQL Management Studio having to just manually delete some objects. That bores me.

Back