• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Vdroop or something else.

Stanfiem

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 21, 2011
Messages
364
My system is what is in my signature except for I am at 4.2ghz. I know this is not necessary but just to be safe I Play skyrim, CS:S, Batman AC, Oblivion, Fallout NV, on a 1080p 46 inch TV.

While overclocking and stress testing my system I have noticed a slight drop in volts that has gotten bigger since I have increased the multiplier and vcore.
multi x33
Turbo x42
vcore: 1.305
Bios Vcore reading: 1.332
c1: auto
c3 and 6: auto
Multi-steps Load-Line:Disabled
Load Vcore (under stress): raises to 1.34 then drops to 1.284 to 1.296

Multi; x33
Turbo:x43
Vcore: 1.310
Bios Vcore: forgot to check
c states: auto
Multi steps Load Line: disabled
Load Vcore: goes from a steady 1.296 to 1.260
When I raised the turbo to 43 on all 4 cores my cpu no longer drops volts and multi at idle

Using OCCT's LInPak Idle I get 1.008 to .9 then under load my Vcore soots up to 1.340 then back down to 1.296 While running Linx I hover around 1.284 to 1.296 Is this normal or should I enable a level or so of Load line calibration.


I have thought about setting Load Line Calibration to level 1 or 2 to correct some of what I think is vdroop but was asking for some advice before I push this chip any further and do this. I remember reading somewhere about how enabling load line calibration was bad for sandy bridge chips but people were saying that it did not apply to the newer 2x000k chips. Has anyone ever heard this, and can comment on if this is true or not.

I ask because This is my first overclock. I have read up quite a bit and have a pretty good grasp of most of the "steps" or what goes into overclocking but would love some input. and for reference my temps are good during all of this i have yet to see a core go above 62 on serious load and that is just a max while gaming i get about 40 to 48 max.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top